The Last Mission - A B17 story

This was posted in our Guestbook today. I sent a reply and told them I would post it on the forum too:

=================

How did you find my website?

searching WWII

Where are you from?

Texas

Please enter your comments:

This website is great and I am glad you don't like spammers. They are a nuisance. We are working on a new film The Last Mission. Check the website- http://www.thelastmission.com, it is a family faith base WWII story about 2nd chances and forgotten heroes. We would like to invite any veteran or family member to share their stories and or pics. The can go to the website and submit the story/pic or email kerry.wallum@att.net. We have been already talking with The Commemorative Air Force. Kathy

==================

Just went to their website and hope many more of you will too. And if you know of any B-17 crewmembers, or their families, please let them know about the site and the movie.

:pdt34:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

For those of you who love WWII aircraft as much as ME, make sure you check out the clip on their site - A B17 in a slow taxi down the runway. Oh to be able to sit in that cockpit. Gives me goosebumps!!!

Marion J Chard

I just wrote to Gary Swanson (see post below), and told him to write to Kathy. This would be SOOOO cool!

====================

http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/eng...?showtopic=5144

Marion J Chard

post-256-1249850008_thumb.jpg Maybe he thought he would slip in on them on the way back from a raid...!!!

Attached Files
.jpg   129280.jpg (Size: 17.85 KB / Downloads: 0)

Captured B17s were primarily used to train German fighter pilots how to approach them, how to ram them (later in the war) and how to avoid their fields of fire.

And that coming from an Armor guy ... :wildwestdude:

Erwin

Received this from Kathy, yesterday:

---------------

Marion, Please re-visit our website for "The Last Mission" movie. We have it set up for veterans and their families to submit stories and/or photos. Click on the B-17 Missions and Photos for more info. We believe this is a "Oscar winning movie". Our country needs to come back to reality and remember the people who have kept our Country safe. May God continue to bless America even though some have chose not to include him.

http://thelastmission.com

Kathy Hardt

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WWII Combat Story - The 19th Engineer No Longer Exist Walt's Daughter 0 3,900 03-08-2016, 04:52 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Outer Limits Episode - The Tribunal - a story of Auschwitz Walt's Daughter 1 6,350 01-03-2015, 02:05 PM
  Age of Heroes - story of British commandoes Walt's Daughter 0 2,533 09-01-2014, 09:50 AM
  A WWII story told in "sand" - you gotta see this! Walt's Daughter 1 3,774 12-19-2009, 09:14 PM
Last Post: chambers
  Inheritance - the story of Monika Hertwig Walt's Daughter 3 7,691 12-07-2008, 09:50 PM
Last Post: CaptO
  The Story of GI Joe....Ernie Pyle afc7883 3 4,367 10-09-2006, 10:38 AM
Last Post: parker