472nd Engineer Maintenance Company

i followed that link you placed, it's quite the story. He had a good idea of writing a open letter to the vets. It has been amazing how when you come in contact with the vets or their families how helpful they are, and they think that what you are doing is the best thing ever. i hope to get as much information as he did that would really put the story together.

Yes, and I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as you did.

You are absolutely right about the vets and their families. It's like a "given"; they share so much and help so many and are so grateful in return.

I've said this before on my site, but will repeat it again because it's so true; this has been the best thing that I've ever done in my life. It has been the most rewarding experience. I've not only gained a vast knowledge of my dad, his unit, WWII and history, but made so many good friends that I know I will have for life, and I've been touched by mounds of kindness and generosity. When a very few ask, "Why do you hang around with a bunch of old WWII vets?", they can't even begin to understand how all this have touched my life and changed me for the better. Dang, there I go getting all teary-eyed again...

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Well I received a packet of infromation in the mail from Pam Bass (Misfeldt) a couple of days ago. It contained a few interesting items such as the roster of the 472nd and some other information on the unit. It also contained infromation on the 475th, 970th and the 978th Engineer Maintenance Companies. I will try and get these scanned to CD so they will be digitized and available.

Excellent. We will eagerly await their display! I'm happy for you. :D

Marion J Chard

Marion,

I have some of the documents scanned, but how do I get them to you with out having to send them on a CD?

I just received in the mail some additional documents from the National Archives Trust Fund about the 472nd. I have not had time to read all of them but what I have seen they are interesting, they also include some pictures copied of course but pictures just the same.

Well you can send them on CD or

mail me copies from the scanned docs or

attach them one or a few at time (depending on size of file) to an email

Let me know if you need any help. Glad to hear you received docs from NARA.

Marion J Chard

What size is consider too much information?(file size) Some of the files are big. I will e-mail you the file sizes and you can tell me what is to big.

Well, let's see... I usually recommend that files be kept less than a couple of Meg's. So if you can send them a few at a time. Let's try a couple and see how it goes okay? :D

Marion J Chard

Could you re-send me your e-mail address so I can try and send some of the files? Thanks.

I have just put online a website concerning the 472nd

Engineer Maintenance Company.

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~b...ce/ww2/472.html

It has a brief history of the Company and two different lists of names, also pictures.

Hope this will help someone.

Rita

boneplace@webtv.net

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2731st Engineer Light Equipment Company Natalie Z 1 803 10-31-2023, 09:25 AM
Last Post: PDP2020
  250 Engineer Battalion Company Research R Eric 0 2,714 11-08-2022, 03:27 AM
Last Post: R Eric
  247th Combat Engineers Company A Rebecca 1 3,831 12-10-2019, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  351st Engineers, Company E, 2nd Battalion KLP 1 3,425 10-02-2019, 03:07 PM
  975th Engineer Maintenance Co Walt's Daughter 2 3,618 03-16-2018, 09:25 AM
  453rd Engineers Depot Company davecamp 3 188,599 03-10-2018, 10:37 AM
  2770th Engineer Base Reproduction Company Walt's Daughter 6 7,623 01-17-2017, 05:22 PM
Last Post: bardowl
  Jay Howard Bodle, Company E, 333rd Engineers Jason Finkelman 3 4,578 03-05-2016, 02:45 PM
  3060th Engineer Topographic Company Walt's Daughter 0 2,599 03-04-2016, 10:30 AM
  36th Combat Engineers Regt but which company C or G? ggent001 5 7,090 12-22-2015, 05:49 PM