Interview with Holly Rees, WWII veteran - Military Author Radio

MILITARY AUTHOR RADIO

NOVEMBER 11th, 2012 GUEST:

MR. HOLLY REES

& MR. LANE REES

Military Author Radio, www.militaryauthorradio.com with Director Dr. Tom Gauthier and Dari Bradley CEO of Patriot Media, Incorporated, are proud to continue to promote Military Authors in support of the Military Author Industrial Complex. We’re glad to have Dr. Gauthier back on this special Veterans Day Program, and together, we are honored to host Mr. Holly Rees, a WWII Veteran as our guest. There are not many WWII Veterans left, less are those who’ve been wounded in combat. Be sure to join us for a fascinating program as we salute our nations Veterans on Military Author Radio.

Welcome to Military Author Radio, HOLLY and LANE REES!

Holly Rees is a WWII Veteran of the Army of the United States, a combat soldier who served in Okinawa. He is also the author of the soon to be published book: Three Flags and Two Brothers: To War and Back. Not owning a computer, nor really even wanting to, Holly wrote his book in longhand, and now his hand written autobiography is being generously transcribed by his Publisher at Lone Star Publishing and should be ready by Nov. 30 2012. Within Holly’s detailed account he includes stories and fascinating photos, along with information about his brother Gil Rees, and his US Navy combat experienced. Rees provides an impressive log of combat ships, weapons, ammunition, and real life experiences.

Holly states in his book: ‘Many of my brothers in arms never made it back or have died in the 67 years since, and can never record their experiences. Therefore, I feel a solemn obligation to speak for them as well as tell my own story. I have been urged by several people to write this account, especially Dr. Donald Miller and my son, Lane Rees.

I don’t think of myself as a “hero” (even though I served with many that I think were) and certainly not a military historian, but I have had experiences that no one else has had. If I don’t write about them, no one else can or will.

It is a miracle that the war process can take young, good, ordinary men out of society and transform them (us!) into such efficient killing machines. Another miracle is that society can integrate the survivors back as good, ordinary, productive people. The greatest miracle is that anyone could survive the living hell of the carnage of war. But we did, and this, then, is our story.’

Holly’s son, Lane Rees, was an early advisor for Patriot Media, Incorporated and we are delighted to host him on our program with his father. A bit about Mr. Lane Rees: Lane is on the Texas A&M University International Board (his alma mater). After graduating from Stephen F. Austin High School in Bryan, Texas, he earned a bachelor’s degree in management and a master’s in educational administration from Texas A&M University. He worked for ARCO Alaska for 12 years in human resources, then ARCO International and now owns Human Resources Solutions and lives in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida.

We are proud to continue our series Spotlight on the Medal of Honor with Dr. Tom Gauthier.

Military Author Radio is a live program accepting callers, airing Sunday Evenings at 8:30 PM (EST), 7:30 PM (CEN) 6:30 PM (MST) and 5:30 PM (PST).To access the live program, and or to listen to the podcast later, visit our website: www.militaryauthorradio.com and click the live link to be redirected to the broadcast. Previous weeks podcasts are listed beneath the current show bill, scroll down to click, listen, and enjoy!

Our call in number to speak with the host and our guest on the live broadcast is: (347) 308-8613. Send an email to Dari@militaryauthorradio.com if you have a question for our guest.

Please feel free to forward our program descriptions to anyone who may be interested. In case you missed our November 4th program with guest PJ Grondin, and our Guest Host, Dr. Thomas Neff (calling all the way from Chong Qing, China), please click the link below or paste the following address into your browser to be redirected to the podcast:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bonnie-kaye/2012/11/05/military-author-radio

Thank you for listening and your interest in Military Author Radio.

Mrs. Dari Bradley CEO

Patriot Media, Incorporated

Publishing America's Patriots

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WWII Veteran, 99, on mission to visit all 50 states​​​​​​​ Walt's Daughter 0 2,312 04-27-2018, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Penzeys Spices call for "grilling vets" - gets response from WWII veteran Walt's Daughter 1 3,476 04-12-2016, 09:18 AM
Last Post: CaptO
  A post to America Airlines regarding WWII veteran Walt's Daughter 6 6,362 06-21-2015, 12:59 PM
  Twin Boys WWII Dream Comes True - Veteran from the Yorktown Walt's Daughter 0 2,313 04-05-2015, 11:05 AM
  Allied Infantrymen and military vehicles move inland from Normandy to Carentan sixgun 1 3,005 12-17-2014, 09:02 AM
  Prof David Ulbrich interview - October 3 - 9 to 10 AM Walt's Daughter 0 1,961 10-03-2011, 10:40 AM
  99-Year Old Veteran Vists WWII Memorial Walt's Daughter 1 2,914 04-11-2011, 06:11 AM
Last Post: colinhotham
  Recognition Catches Up With Veteran 65 Years Later Walt's Daughter 0 2,155 09-30-2010, 07:30 AM
  The Story Of "Red" Canine Veteran Of Normandy Invasion arve 3 4,580 06-07-2008, 04:32 AM
Last Post: Dogdaddy
  1942 "Military Missal" arve 1 5,409 03-19-2008, 12:06 PM