Gothic Line Maps

Hello everyone,

I would request all users. Some of you have maps of Pietramala and Radicosa pass areas?

Thanks to all.

Enry

Hi Enry, there are several maps of the North Appeninines Campaign /Gothic Line here:

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/historical/history_ww2.html

Thanks Larry, I watch if there's a map of the area that interests me!

I saved maps really interesting, but I would need also maps such as those featured on this website http://www.mtmestas.com/Maps/index.htm I have already checked all maps of the site but there are none of the area that I have indicated.

Thanks again for your help!

Would you be interested in any maps I have in Engineer History Mediterranean Theater - Fifth Army? It's a three volume set which was given to me by the late and great Al Kincer of the 48th Engineers.

I took a quick look this morning and in Volume Two, there are some maps of Florence, Milan and Bologna.

I can scan them for you.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Thanks M1, as always you are very kind. I do not know how I can repay... I send you an Italian cake.... no... I do not think it would be edible on arrival ahah :P

Seriously, I do not know how to thank you!

And thanks also to all users of the forum!

Enrico I am at present reading WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN? written by TOM CARVER who is the step-grandson of Field Marshal Montgomery. Tom's father Richard Carver was seving with his stepfather General Montgomery in 1942 at his HQ in North Africa when he was captured and transported to FONTANELLATO POW camp, north of PARMA. The book tells of Tom Carver's journey on foot, from the pow camp, south over the Appennines for 500 miles till he found and rejoined the Allied HQ in the winter of 1943.

It is well written and contains photos and maps so might be of interest to you if you have not come across it before.

Colin.

(I have also put this post into the books section of the forum)

Thank you Colin, very interesting. I will try to find a copy of the book!

I'm curious to read this incredible story!

Thanks M1, as always you are very kind. I do not know how I can repay... I send you an Italian cake.... no... I do not think it would be edible on arrival ahah :P

Seriously, I do not know how to thank you!

And thanks also to all users of the forum!

Ah, I guess we can hold off on the Italian cake until I arrive in Italy. Then we can have a feast. ha-ha!

I will try and copy them for you this week.

Marion J Chard

Hello everyone,

I would request all users. Some of you have maps of Pietramala and Radicosa pass areas?

Thanks to all.

Enry

Enrico--I don't remember those places you mention. Of course to damn cold on the Gothic Line. We didn't see maps, we just did and went when we were told

YEAH, Rocky is BACK!!!!! :The Queen: :The Queen:

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Museum in Italy - Gothic Line and Mt. Altuzzo battle angatti 14 15,871 12-19-2017, 07:31 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Maps 34th infantry Division sixgun 1 2,999 11-17-2009, 12:31 PM
Last Post: roque_riojas
  Library of Congress, WWII maps online Wendy 4 5,095 02-05-2008, 10:28 PM
Last Post: SonofaMP
  Bastogne Maps.... ricklind 1 2,584 01-31-2008, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Maginot Line majchuckie 3 3,728 08-06-2006, 04:52 AM
Last Post: Parnell-H
  The Thin Red Line Walt's Daughter 1 77,968 12-03-2004, 07:12 AM
Last Post: Cadetat6