Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption

I'm packing now sweetcheeks.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

I'm packing now sweetcheeks.

All I can say is---When you got it,YOU GOT IT !! Going to talk to Gary Swanson see If I can get a discount on airline tickets.

Three places I would love to see, Mt. Pantano,Monte Cassino,Anzio.When I first saw them it was very different.

Whatever you do and wherever you go there, it will all be worthwhile and a wonderful trip. It will bring back all kinds of memories, some good, some bad, but to see everything put back together and beautiful, will be a sight to behold. You will be very welcomed by the Italian people, and also be able to honor and represent your brothers.

God bless ya Rocky!

Marion J Chard

Whatever you do and wherever you go there, it will all be worthwhile and a wonderful trip. It will bring back all kinds of memories, some good, some bad, but to see everything put back together and beautiful, will be a sight to behold. You will be very welcomed by the Italian people, and also be able to honor and represent your brothers.

God bless ya Rocky!

Thank You Sweetie !! They put up a Memorial On Top of Mt. Pantano for the 34th Divn. I'm told. Only GOD knows if I go or not. Hope HE is smiling down on me.

I'm wishing you well, Rocky you deserve this trip!

XOXO

B

OMG, just started the Unbroken book a few days ago. I am just wowed. The story is so well written, but man, it it ever depressing. I'm about half way through at the moment.

Amazing to see Louis from childhood to man. Won't say anything much, for I don't want to spoil it for everyone who hasn't read it yet. Hubby is going to read this next.

Marion J Chard

Pssttt He survives!

Caryl, finished the book last night. When I read the final words and saw the smiling pics of them at home, I just cried while running my fingers over the photos. I don't think it gets any more moving than this.

I can't imagine ONE day of what he experienced, let alone years of abuse in the POW camps in Japan. That was hell on earth. Just revolting. But what spirit, what drive.

A must read!!!

Marion J Chard

Is he still around?

Here's his personal website, hun:

http://www.louiezamperini.com/

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Little Minnesota in World War II Walt's Daughter 0 3,241 11-17-2017, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Crossing the Rapido: A Tragedy of World War II Walt's Daughter 0 3,455 01-22-2014, 07:26 AM
  Aces - A Novel of World War II - Robert Denny Walt's Daughter 0 3,153 10-24-2013, 09:28 AM
  One Soldier's Memories:World War II - 1285th Engineers Walt's Daughter 1 5,954 03-20-2012, 08:40 AM
  Buddies: Men, Dogs and World War II (Paperback) Walt's Daughter 2 4,833 06-14-2009, 09:06 AM
  World War II Memorial Walt's Daughter 1 4,346 04-29-2009, 10:15 AM
Last Post: roque_riojas
  World War II Photographs - Richard Holmes Walt's Daughter 0 3,222 03-13-2009, 09:18 AM
  The All Americans in World War II Walt's Daughter 0 3,479 03-09-2009, 07:40 PM
  Troopships of World War 2 Walt's Daughter 0 3,151 07-11-2008, 09:21 AM
  Reporting World War II Walt's Daughter 4 6,338 06-12-2007, 10:40 PM