Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption

I will always have my faves in Hardback, especially my WWII collection, but just for reading paperbacks from now on, it's Kindle for me too.

We too live out in the boonies and the nearest bookstore is 45 minutes to an hour away. Long journey, so I shop online a lot.

STILL GOT THE ONE ABOUT ("DOGFACES WHO SMILED??) Hmmm! justoneatalkin'

That's on the top of my list, baby!!!!! You are too!!!

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Brooke:

I wasn't sure about it either, but I was pleasantly surprised. And what's even nicer is I don't have to have both hands out of the nice warm covers to read. One handed reading. I like that. Flick the page and stay warm. ha-ha!

Marion J Chard

That's on the top of my list, baby!!!!! You are too!!!

7 am CST, this makes my day!!! Right now I am teying to figure how I want to go to ITALY. There is an Author,Writer there that has written a book and has me in it. He wants me there on April 21 to sign the book , I don't know the title of it yet. But I am trying my best to make the trip. He wants to take me to Mt. Pantano,(Bronze Star), Monte Cassino, Anzio, Salerno,Po Valley, etc. etc. Wants me to stay for three weeks,meals,and place to stay will be taken care of. Of course I won't go alone,(LIZno.2). will tag along.

Very Cool!

Ya, and I'm tagging along in the luggage baby!!!! We want tons of pictures!!! We want details (well not too many details)! :frown:

Marion J Chard

Ya, and I'm tagging along in the luggage baby!!!! We want tons of pictures!!! We want details (well not too many details)! :frown:

That would be a nice idea, I would gladly pay for the extra luggage. Bedroom pics. will be deleted. I could ditch No.2, just talkin'

Who's the author?

Who's the author?

The author is,, Matteo Incerti,, and he writes for the Italian newspaper in Florence Italy. He wrote a column about me after he interviewed me by phone.

If I get to make the trip --it will be a trip of my lifetime. No. Africa and Italy is where we did battle.(34th Inf. Divn.) over 600 days of combat.

M1 you gonna pack yer bag-hmmm!!

It certainly will be better than the LAST time you "toured" Italia! Have a BLAST!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Little Minnesota in World War II Walt's Daughter 0 3,158 11-17-2017, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Crossing the Rapido: A Tragedy of World War II Walt's Daughter 0 3,405 01-22-2014, 07:26 AM
  Aces - A Novel of World War II - Robert Denny Walt's Daughter 0 3,112 10-24-2013, 09:28 AM
  One Soldier's Memories:World War II - 1285th Engineers Walt's Daughter 1 5,879 03-20-2012, 08:40 AM
  Buddies: Men, Dogs and World War II (Paperback) Walt's Daughter 2 4,754 06-14-2009, 09:06 AM
  World War II Memorial Walt's Daughter 1 4,280 04-29-2009, 10:15 AM
Last Post: roque_riojas
  World War II Photographs - Richard Holmes Walt's Daughter 0 3,178 03-13-2009, 09:18 AM
  The All Americans in World War II Walt's Daughter 0 3,438 03-09-2009, 07:40 PM
  Troopships of World War 2 Walt's Daughter 0 3,106 07-11-2008, 09:21 AM
  Reporting World War II Walt's Daughter 4 6,223 06-12-2007, 10:40 PM