Photos of our other veterans
Let's use this section for any veterans from Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, etc. Would love to see photos of you too.
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

This is a picture of my platoon in Iraq. It was a "provisional" infantry platoon (i.e. an straight-leg infantry unit consisting of non-straight-leg infantry guys) made up of 81mm mortar, javelin, and a few straight-leg infantry Marines. Then they had me as a platoon commander; an NBC (nuclear, chemical, biological) defense reservist turned Artillery officer lat-moved to Communications. All of that considered, I figured "Mongrel" was a good platoon call sign.

At the time, I was temporarily assigned to I MEF as an individual augment and ended up with 3/24 (3d Bn, 24th Marines), a reserve infantry unit from the Midwest. I can say that those young reservists were outstanding and I had no worries going outside the wire with them. A great, solid bunch of Marines! I'd have taken them anywhere.

Semper Fi!

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

That's a great looking bunch of guys there Capt O

Chris

I'll second that. Hooo-ahhhh! :armata_PDT_37:
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

With great guys like these - it's no wonder that our

military is the greatest in the world!!!! :armata_PDT_37:

thanks Capt O!

Mary Ann

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  527 Light Pontoon Company, photos from Bud Pendergast Mark Pendergast 3 4,896 03-02-2019, 11:15 PM
Last Post: colinhotham
  Photos of our WWII Veteran Forum Members Walt's Daughter 168 177,768 03-27-2013, 10:34 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  More 36th Engineer photos - current Walt's Daughter 2 5,427 11-27-2012, 10:19 AM
  Jim Davis - photos from the war Walt's Daughter 4 8,794 05-01-2012, 08:29 PM