Forums

Full Version: Photos of our other veterans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let's use this section for any veterans from Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, etc. Would love to see photos of you too.

This is a picture of my platoon in Iraq. It was a "provisional" infantry platoon (i.e. an straight-leg infantry unit consisting of non-straight-leg infantry guys) made up of 81mm mortar, javelin, and a few straight-leg infantry Marines. Then they had me as a platoon commander; an NBC (nuclear, chemical, biological) defense reservist turned Artillery officer lat-moved to Communications. All of that considered, I figured "Mongrel" was a good platoon call sign.

At the time, I was temporarily assigned to I MEF as an individual augment and ended up with 3/24 (3d Bn, 24th Marines), a reserve infantry unit from the Midwest. I can say that those young reservists were outstanding and I had no worries going outside the wire with them. A great, solid bunch of Marines! I'd have taken them anywhere.

Semper Fi!

That's a great looking bunch of guys there Capt O

Chris

I'll second that. Hooo-ahhhh! :armata_PDT_37:

With great guys like these - it's no wonder that our

military is the greatest in the world!!!! :armata_PDT_37:

thanks Capt O!

Mary Ann