The Leitz family

EMU's are from Australia , and they are extinct. I think.

Early on I learned that setting off a flash at night , would only get you out to about 20 feet. thereafter, total blackness.

I loved that Leica, Mare. What you could do with filters was incredible. On a nice sunny day but with a slight haze. No problem. And when the pictures got back, I swear, it seemed like you could reach in and pluck the clouds right out of the picture. I made one fatal mistake once. It was during the 60,s I believe, and there was to be an eclypse of the sun. I made up a couple a boxes with a pin hole in one end, so that when we held it up pointing towards the sun, we could look at the opposit end and see the image of the eclypse as it was taking place. But - NO -,

That was not good enough. I wanted to have first hand evidence of this truly momentous occurance. So what did Charley do?, He stood behind the door wall, pointed his cherished Leica at the Sun, opened the lens, counted to three, and closed it. I know what You and Lee are thinking at this very moment. You guys are saying "WHY ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH DID --- BUBBA --- DO SUCH A THING".

Well, let me tell you. The next time "BUBBA" went to use (sob, sob, sob ) his cherished camera, there was one piece of equipment that was no longer useful. As

Sandra Bullock said, "No way are you going to get that". And I didn't. I went out and bought a hand held one , but it was not a Leica. I quit using it and from then on, guestimated the light & distance. Even with that, I got better pictures than I do now. Not saying that digitals aren't great, but the depth of field is not there. You guys know what I mean.

P.S. To end on a positive note; Rember back there when I made mention of Sandra Bullock? Well, to check my spelling of her name. I went to "spelling".

I typed in -- Sandra Bullock --. Can you believe what they came up with?.

Sorry; No such entry for "Sandra Bullock", did you mean "Sinder Block".

Try sending an email to Art Morneweck sometime!!! That's a blast too.

CIAO

chucktoo

chuckypoo

or just poo poo

Messages In This Thread
The Leitz family - by Walt's Daughter - 03-15-2006, 12:54 AM
The Leitz family - by chucktoo1926 - 03-17-2006, 04:32 PM
The Leitz family - by chambers - 03-18-2006, 03:01 PM
The Leitz family - by Walt's Daughter - 03-20-2006, 08:11 AM
The Leitz family - by Custermen - 03-20-2006, 01:33 PM
The Leitz family - by chucktoo1926 - 03-20-2006, 10:06 PM
The Leitz family - by chambers - 03-20-2006, 10:34 PM
The Leitz family - by Custermen - 03-24-2006, 10:59 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Family members return to Malmedy Walt's Daughter 1 2,650 06-16-2010, 03:40 PM
Last Post: Frank Gubbels
  My family members serving in WWII Wendy 17 17,796 10-24-2009, 07:30 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Where were you or your family? - Pearl Harbor civilwargal 12 11,137 07-01-2009, 01:29 PM
Last Post: civilwargal
  Out of the Attic - Family Memoirs Walt's Daughter 4 5,116 11-19-2007, 07:55 AM
Last Post: Jeeper704