Leon T Dreger Old Hickory

Well, today I received a message according to my research for Mr. Dreger. Sadly enough he passed away on September 1 2009, just 3 weeks ago. I will try to find out some more about him.

Regards,

Frank

Aw, man. That is so sad. Sorry to hear that news. :armata_PDT_23:
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Yes it is, but I still have the Old Hickory relic he gave me in 1994.

For those of you who are interested in this subject. Thank to Marion I am in contact with Leon's brother Elliott. He is now trying to contact Leon's son Dwight and he would like to bring me in contact with him. I couldn't imagine that. I am really thrilled. I started this topic more than 7 years ago and now I am fortunate enough to reach the goal.

Keep trying if you are looking for someone or something. Sometime, with the help of other great people, eveything will come together.

Regards,

Frank

That's amazing. The internet is such a great tool. It is sad that we didn't have this when most of the vets were around to use it and share info and get back in touch with each other.

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

I totally agree Todd, BTW today I received your card. I think it travelled around the globe or the people at the post office here lost it and found it back last week. Thank you very much. I really like and appreciate it!

Best wishes from Holland,

Frank

WOW! Very cool. Glad you got in touch.