OUR MUSIC PAGE

It's just getting started, but we now have a WWII Tunes Page. I just uploaded one song tonight, "Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition." I hope to have many more tunes within the next few weeks. The page will open in a separate window, allowing you to continue browsing the site while listening to your favorite tunes.

WWII Tunes This link is defunct!

Please use this one: VI Corps Music - The new link!

:clappin::drinkin:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Great program

Pick for to-day "You'll never know" Dick Haymes

Nice memories as air corp. cadet in Florida

For you young-uns the rest of that line was "how much I love you"

papa Art

:D Hi from Lux.

That's an amazing idea I like the music from the 40's too I have 5 or 6 cd's with music from that time and fom time to time I listen to it.

My favorite are the Andrews sister with Rum and coca cola :clappin: .

I wish you all a happy new year 2005 :drinkin: .

Martin

I too like the Andrews sisters. What great harmonies. Ahhh! Well, when I go to France and meet mes cousins, then we will have to meet for some 40's music avec rum et coca-cola. :DB)

Glad you are enjoying the new feature. I've already heard back from several of the vets and they're in seventh heaven.

I now find myself going through the house and store humming and singing music from the 40's.

Thanks for the memory...

Happy New Year,

Marion

Marion J Chard

I've just had an evening of nostalgia. What takes me back 60 odd years is the voice of Captain Glen Miller introducing the AAF band. My parents used to listen to the AFN. My dad was a Royal Marine bandmaster during WW2 and led a military dance band playing that kind of music.

Colin.

:tank:

Oh good. Glad I could bring back some good memories for you. Glenn Miller gets me going too.

Ah your dad was a bandmaster. How interesting. Do you have any copies of tunes he did? Any recordings?

Marion J Chard

I'm afraid I have'nt any recordings and and have been unable to discover any. I know he made recordings for the BBC, of programmes like "Workers Playtime" and have a photo of him fronting the dance band at Ford's Dagenham plant in 1944. I have contacted the BBC archives and the National Sound Archives but assume from their answers that nothing was kept.

Colin.

:tank:

That's too bad. Don't give up though, maybe someone or several someones have copies, even if the BBC doesn't. Who knows, maybe someone will read this post and say, "By George, don't we have those old tunes?" Stranger things have happened, Colin.

^_^

Marion J Chard

I take it you've seen all this stuff right?

Search for Royal Marine Band

Marion J Chard

:D  Hi from Lux.

My favorite are the Andrews sister with Rum and coca cola :clappin:  .

Martin

I remember the Andrews sisters from when I was a kid. You couldn't go anywhere that they weren't singing on the radio. Drove me batty, though, trying to figure out which one was which. To this day, I couldn't tell you.

Another song from WWII - Deep In The Heart of Texas! Though born in Texas, I was living in California. Everyone was singing it, especially when I walked in the door. Lord! did I ever get tired of that! It was a catchy tune, tho. - Marilyn

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Email regarding old phonographs and WWII music... Walt's Daughter 0 3,250 05-15-2014, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Farewell to Patti Page Walt's Daughter 1 4,769 03-06-2013, 02:05 PM
Last Post: chucktoo
  The Honeybee Trio - music of the 30's and 40's Walt's Daughter 2 6,462 12-09-2012, 10:49 AM
  Wow, thanks for updated songlist - Music Jukebox Walt's Daughter 3 5,178 12-21-2011, 10:39 PM
Last Post: ND-Jim
  WWII sheet music info sites Walt's Daughter 0 3,073 05-17-2010, 08:12 AM
  Candyman Music Video Michael Callaghan 17 16,963 12-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Jeeper704
  CD008: WWII Music & Variety Show Part 1 Walt's Daughter 3 5,692 11-28-2007, 01:58 PM
  WWII Music and Songs curtdol 32 44,763 10-23-2007, 09:30 PM
Last Post: ND-Jim
  Music from Joe Walt's Daughter 7 10,106 12-24-2005, 12:04 AM
  Music - The Authentic History Center Walt's Daughter 0 4,758 12-22-2005, 05:26 PM