OUR MUSIC PAGE

I'm sure there's music in Heaven. It just couldn't be Heaven without it -especially for Frank Howard! The Mills Brothers, the Dorseys, Helen O'Connell, the GREAT Glenn Miller, Bing Crosby, the beautiful Alice Faye...

There just has to be! I was a music major for about three years (I played ttrombone from the time I was 10) so it's always been special to me. That line up would be one great concert!

So much great music! To me, Glenn Miller has to the best of all.

As I mentioned before, I played trombone so I am required to love Glen Miller. Sad end though! At least he wasn't to good for military; he took his chances like everyone else in a B-17. Can you imagine Paris Hilton signing up for a hitch in military for duty in Iraq? Not that we would want her! Another favorite: Artie Shaw.

Bing Crosby's White Christmas makes me use a whole wad of kleenex every time I hear it.

Once again, right on! Bing has become sort of a tradition at our house. Of all holidays, this is one we love to spend as a family (me, my wife, and the two boys.) I can go visit my extended familiy for the Fourth of July or something.

This Christmas it will be especially bitter/sweet because I will be leaving for Iraq in January and it looks unlikely that I will be back before the next Christmas. But I will be like millions of other service men and women who have missed Christmas over the years so I don't feel too bad for myself. My grandfather (and most of you guys what hung out in the Med.) was gone for almost three years. I just feel bad about the kids because they didn't ask for this. I will be in excellent company, at least!

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

We GOTTA have "Green Eyes".

In honor of Elizabeth - here it is Rocky - Bob Eberly & the great Helen O'Connell!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2n2aaghnM0...feature=related

THANK YOU,,THANK YOU,,THANK YOU-- JUST LOOKED OUT THE WINDER

BIG PUFFY WHITE CLOUD--SHE'S STANDING ON IT, JUST A CLAPPING. ROCKY.

Rocky - here's the flip side of "Green Eyes (Aquellos Ojos Verdes)" and another of my Dad's favorites :"Maria Elena". Written by Lorenzo Barceleta for Mexico's First Lady, it was recorded in 1941 by the Lawrence Welk Orchestra.

This is one of my favorite instrumental versions by Ry Cooder.

Thought you might enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76XiebFg1vA

Rocky - here's the flip side of "Green Eyes (Aquellos Ojos Verdes)" and another of my Dad's favorites :"Maria Elena". Written by Lorenzo Barceleta for Mexico's First Lady, it was recorded in 1941 by the Lawrence Welk Orchestra.

This is one of my favorite instrumental versions by Ry Cooder.

Thought you might enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76XiebFg1vA

IT'S 3PM CENTRAL TIME, JUST GOT THRU LISTENING TO BOTH RENDITIONS. I WAS IN

HEAVEN FOR ABOUT CLOSE TO 10 mins. AND ELIZABETH WAS THERE DANCING

CHEEK TO CHEEK AND I WHISPERED IN HER EAR,----YO TE AMO MUCHO-- AND

I THINK I FELT A SQUEEZE. THANK YOU ROQUE, (Rocky)

Hey folks:

Had a bit of spare time tonight (what???), and am uploaded (as I type), 22 songs by Vera Lynn. I completely forgot about them, so here ya go. They should be completely uploaded by 10:30 PM this evening (EST).

Enjoy!!!

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Updated the music page again. We now have 260 tunes for your listening pleasure, plus a complete PDF songlist with artist (where known). Hope you love it. There's quite a variety now!

:clappin:

Marion J Chard

Completely revamped our music site today; it got a face lift. Guess I was inspired by getting our forum back up and running today. So enjoy the new site.

And as of Wednesday morning, October 22, 2008, we have had 325, 600 visitors to our music site. This is fantastic! Thanks everyone for making it a smashing success. Beat me daddy, eight to the bar!

:clappin:

Marion J Chard

Music site will be moving to a new server this weekend - November 8th, 2008. This is our last of our BIG MOVES this year, and now all our STUFF will be residing at HostMonster, and we will no longer have anything at GO DADDY.

I do not like the service we get at Go Daddy, and after the last FIASCO with our main site (forum), I will never again host with them.

The one good thing is they agreed to refund my money for our music site, when I decided to move it. That is after I got a bit pissy with them about charging me $150.00 to restore our forum. I told them I would pull our remaining account (music), and I have their word IN WRITING, I would receive a refund. You can bet I will hold them to it!

So if you go to the music site this weekend, and it is down for a bit, please do not panic; it's going to a better home.

Marion J Chard

Got a really nice write up in the following Solomons Diary July 2009 Newsletter. Thanks so much Joe. That was really sweet of you.

Solomons_Diary_7_2009_Newsletter.pdf

Attached Files
.pdf   Solomons_Diary_7_2009_Newsletter.pdf (Size: 1.95 MB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard

This was posted in our Guestbook this morning. Awww, man!

Please enter your comments:

Manchester, England

i am sitting with my mum who is 95 years old 1914 listening to your music ....she is singing along , and it's making my eyes cry !!!!! x Thankyou xxxxxx

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Email regarding old phonographs and WWII music... Walt's Daughter 0 3,208 05-15-2014, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Farewell to Patti Page Walt's Daughter 1 4,710 03-06-2013, 02:05 PM
Last Post: chucktoo
  The Honeybee Trio - music of the 30's and 40's Walt's Daughter 2 6,377 12-09-2012, 10:49 AM
  Wow, thanks for updated songlist - Music Jukebox Walt's Daughter 3 5,111 12-21-2011, 10:39 PM
Last Post: ND-Jim
  WWII sheet music info sites Walt's Daughter 0 3,054 05-17-2010, 08:12 AM
  Candyman Music Video Michael Callaghan 17 16,692 12-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Jeeper704
  CD008: WWII Music & Variety Show Part 1 Walt's Daughter 3 5,617 11-28-2007, 01:58 PM
  WWII Music and Songs curtdol 32 44,300 10-23-2007, 09:30 PM
Last Post: ND-Jim
  Music from Joe Walt's Daughter 7 9,990 12-24-2005, 12:04 AM
  Music - The Authentic History Center Walt's Daughter 0 4,728 12-22-2005, 05:26 PM