WWII DOCUMENTARIES ON DVD

Yet another great set to add to the Wish List. Gee some folks have problems coming up with stuff to add to their lists. Not me... :D

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Yet another great set to add to the Wish List. Gee some folks have problems coming up with stuff to add to their lists. Not me... :D

Remember that old song by Johnny Cash, called "One Piece At A Time?" That's the way I view my own wish list :drinkin:

:woof:

For Christmas last year(I think?), I received a DVD set entitled: "WWII Battlefront". The set includes 5 DVD's in a card-stock folder. The description on the back says "over 7 hours of astonishing COLOR footage, taken from newsreels and captured enemy films". It has been awhile since I viewed it so I thought I recalled it was old B&W newsreels. If anyone is interested I can give a better description.

It was probably a Wal-Mart buy.

But a really great gift that I received this year was a CD lecture series by The Teaching Company, entitled "World War II: A Military and Social History". This set comes in 3 seperate plastic cases(the size of VCR tapes) and each case has 5 CD's. Each CD has 2 lectures of 30 minutes in length. This makes a total of 15 hours of lecture.

Very good review of the causes of the conflict and the connections between different events going on around the various countries and theaters.

For info, you can call 1-800-TEACH-12 or go to www.TEACH12.com .

I know it sounds boring. I wasn't thrilled when my buddy recommended it and said he was sending me a set. I've certainly enjoyed it. (Of course, free things are usually more enjoyable.)

My neighbors may think I'm crazy the day I stayed home to work in the flower bed and I had a CD-player blaring across the street about the Nazi's attacking Moscow. :direct:

Steve

Okay Lee says, what is so funny. I was laughing out loud when I read your post. I could imagine you in the garden getting your hands dirty, and as hubby says, strains of talk of dead-heaped buddies and Heil Hilter booming from your house. Hmm, yes your neighbors may think you strange, but don't feel alone, many of my friends think me a bit "touched" too! :lol::lol:

Marion J Chard

WWII Battlefront is a pretty good set for under $20, although it is "colorised" footage, and not real color film. I saw it on sale locally for about $12.99 for Christmas.

:woof:

I was laughing out loud when I read your post. I could imagine you in the garden getting your hands dirty, and as hubby says, strains of talk of dead-heaped buddies and Heil Hilter booming from your house.

You have it all wrong. I was digging a mine field around my house. B)

SC

Now I'm laughing even harder. My side is hurting. Please stop. :lol:

Hey that's okay, some people have moats around their castles! ;)

Marion J Chard

Check this out, I saw it on another site.

I like it :D

I tried to upload a pic of a flak gun mounted on someone's house, but it said "you cannot upload this type of file"

Oops, guess we lost the link somewhere. Can you re-post it please. Wanna see it! :D

Marion J Chard

Jim - Dogdaddy,

Received the DVD in the mail today. Thank you. I plan on glimpsing at least part of it while decorating my house today. I now have a DVD player on my computer (as of last week), so I can even watch them from my desk.

Thank you so much for your kindness. Merry Christmas my dear friend.

:wub:

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Great Time to buy WWII Documentaries! afc7883 3 4,967 12-07-2009, 10:21 AM
Last Post: verow