21st and 824th Engineer battalions

Word-for-word it's "One does not pass" meaning "You will not pass". It could also be translated as Google does.

Christoph

どうもありがとうございます!!

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

:pdt12: Only a barcode on the screen but no Japanese, but Google translated it. :pdt12:

Maybe it's because I have the japanese language package on my machine.

post-449-0-94983300-1370563239_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   Post.JPG (Size: 28.11 KB / Downloads: 0)

Hey M1, I just noticed that it says "Resident Marine" above my name vice a rank. Funny I never noticed that before!

You guys ROCK! My grandfather made all the notations in his albums but I'm sure he didn't do it until he was back home. Also, we're dealing with someone with an 8th grade education and spelling was never his strong suit. Unfortunately, he never really talked about things like this and we didn't get the albums until after he died so we could never ask him about any of the pictures or places where he'd been.

Hey M1, I just noticed that it says "Resident Marine" above my name vice a rank. Funny I never noticed that before!

Wow, where in the hell did that come from. That designation is not found in the parameters of group designations. That is indeed strange. I just have Army designations. Hmmmmmm?????!!!!

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Caretaker: That could very well be. Maybe the spellings weren't correct? Could be. Also, there are names of cities and towns and some are very, very close in spelling, so if a couple of letters were off, then you'd think he was in a very different place at the time.

Marion J Chard

Wow, where in the hell did that come from. That designation is not found in the parameters of group designations. That is indeed strange. I just have Army designations. Hmmmmmm?????!!!!

I realized that I had put that in my settings as my "Member Title".

post-449-0-93636100-1370908373_thumb.jpg

I just didn't realize my forum rank was gone.

Attached Files
.jpg   Capture.JPG (Size: 21.04 KB / Downloads: 0)

Oh, I didn't realize that either! Hmmm, guess you can't have it all! :pdt12: :pdt12: :pdt12:

Marion J Chard