Dog tags found in Italy - T J McIntyre

You might want to try contacting the Fairfield, CT newspaper where Kenneth lived, http://www.fairfieldcitizenonline.com/

I just sent 3 emails.

Let me know of any developments.

thanks

Maurizio

Hello,

after a long time I update the history of dog tags.

We wrote to several newspapers as well as the mayors of the cities where they live the grandchildren of the military.

We also wrote to Shaughnessey Banks Funeral Home, because we hoped that they knew a relative.

At the end of it all we were informed that they had managed to track down two relatives, but we both do not want the dog tags because they already have!!

Now, unfortunately, we have to start all over again, maybe trying the other brother of the soldier.

As always, if anyone has any advice ... :help: :help:

Maurizio

I am a bit confused about the relatives saying they already have the dog tags, for there is usually only one set. How can both of them (and you) all have the dog tags?

I am stymied that the relatives would turn you down, but I guess nothing really surprises me anymore about people. If someone had something of my father's from the war, you can bet I'd be asking for it and very thankful and grateful.

I know it's frustrating for you, but it would appear the relatives are not interested, so my advice would be do donate the tags to the Army Corps of Engineers. If you would like help with this, now of in the future, please let me know. It's something to consider.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dog Tags rick 3 4,032 03-10-2018, 10:09 AM
Last Post: rick
  Help with 2 dog tags from Futa Pass Enrico 7 7,489 06-22-2011, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Enrico
  Found Dog Tags - Arthur B. Ogden T-43 Walt's Daughter 0 233,294 05-08-2005, 03:23 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter