Dog tags found in Italy - T J McIntyre

Received this letter from an Italian forum (Enrico's). Let's see what we can do to help him. :pdt12:

Hello Marion,

I read your presentation on the Italian forum of Enrico.

My name is Maurizio, and I am the President of the Association: "Historical Research Group (www.grupporicerchestoriche.it)".

I decided to send you this mail, because some years we are looking for relatives of an American soldier, we found the dog tags in the Manziana (Rome).

Our desire would be to hand over to the relatives of military dog tags, of course, free!!

I'm enclosing a photo of the dog tags.

Can you help??

thanks

Maurizio

P. S.

Sorry for any spelling errors, but are forced to use Google translator

post-2-0-37755400-1344338678_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   T J Mcintyre Dog Tags.jpg (Size: 81.38 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Hello everyone,

I wanted to give some more information on this dog tags.

TJMcintyre, maybe it was part of a crew of a tank.

We found a few years ago 5 dog tags, 4 returned to relatives and this has not.

The military is back at home, died after the war and is buried in one of the cemeteries in NY

One of our employees told us that he found his son, but he did not want the dog tags.

If you manage to find other relatives well, otherwise we can also give the dog tags in a museum of his regiment.

I hope I did understand.

Maurizio

Sometimes it is so hard to believe. I can't imagine NOT wanting my dad's dog tags. That is so sad! :armata_PDT_23:

I hope we can find someone else, or as you said, they will go to the museum, where they will be treasured forever. Thank you!

Ciao

Marion J Chard

Sometimes it is so hard to believe. I can't imagine NOT wanting my dad's dog tags. That is so sad! :armata_PDT_23:

I know! ISn't that crazy! I'd want anything associated with my grandfather - especially something that just shows up out of the blue like that. Very strange. Of course there a lot of things people do that I find very strange. . .

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Hello,

I enclose some research we've done on the military.

Military roster: http://aad.archives.gov/aad/record-detail.jsp?dt=893&mtch=1&cat=all&tf=F&q=32007348&bc=sb&rpp=10&pg=1&rid=2685077

Burial data:http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=mcintyre&GSfn=thomas&GSmn=j&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSob=n&GRid=4059331&df=all&

And what we found on Roe Margaret, sister of the soldier:

Margaret Jane Roe

The Hour - Norwalk, CT

Margaret Jane Roe, age 92 formerly of the Bronx, NY, and the beloved wife of the late Raymond Roe, passed away on Monday, January 22, 2007. Margaret was born in New York City in 1914 to the late William and Margaret McIntyre. She was a member of St. Margaret's Church in Riverdale, NY. She is survived by her loving and devoted children, Kenneth Roe of Fairfield, Raymond Roe of Muttontown, NY, Jane Thomas of Ridgefield, and Marjorie Hough of Thornton, CO. She will also be missed by her nine cherished grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren. In addition to her husband, Margaret was preceded in death by her brothers, William and Thomas McIntyre. Friends are invited to attend a Mass of Christian Burial on Saturday January 27, 2007 at 9:00 a.m. directly at Our Lady of the Assumption Church in Fairfield. Burial will follow at the Gate of Heaven Cemetery in Valhalla, NY. Friends may greet the family from 6-8 p.m. on Friday, January 26, 2007 at the SHAUGHNESSEY-BANKS FUNERAL HOME 50 Reef Rd. in Fairfield.

Is there anyone N.Y. you might try contacting the children of Margaret, or find an address, or an e-mail so I try to contact them?

Thanks

Maurizio

P.S. also happened in Italy that a son did not want the dog tags of his father, even knowing that we were going 500 km to bring the dog tags for FREE!!

I am really tied up at the moment with projects, so really don't have much time to do research and contact anyone at the moment. However later I could possibly do this for you. Maybe someone else on the forum could pick up this task.

Maybe one of the children or grandchildren will see this in the interim, via a Google search.

Sorry I can't help out, but have my hands in so many other things right now.

Marion J Chard

Here`s what i found on lastest addresses for the 2 children in CT. A reverse phone look-up shows the phone #s still valid.

Name: Kenneth C Roe

Address: 88 Brion Dr

City: Fairfield

State: Connecticut

Zip Code: 06432-1431

Phone Number: 203-372-4862

Name: Jane Thomas

Spouse: Edward

Address: 21 Lounsbury Rd

City: Ridgefield

State: Connecticut

Zip Code: 06877-4710

Phone Number: 203-438-5029

Thanks for jumping in Larry!!!

Marion J Chard

Thanks for the info Larry :clappin:

This, however, is a link to an article published in 2009 in the Bronx Thimes:

http://www.bronx.com/news/local/241.html

Maurizio

You might want to try contacting the Fairfield, CT newspaper where Kenneth lived, http://www.fairfieldcitizenonline.com/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dog Tags rick 3 4,032 03-10-2018, 10:09 AM
Last Post: rick
  Help with 2 dog tags from Futa Pass Enrico 7 7,489 06-22-2011, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Enrico
  Found Dog Tags - Arthur B. Ogden T-43 Walt's Daughter 0 233,294 05-08-2005, 03:23 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter