Salute to Tuskegee Airmen

Unfortunately, this has already passed, but what a great thing! I wish I could have attended, but delighted to see this occur. Karla, thanks for forwarding this to me last week...

Subject: Invitation to Downtown Detroit employees - Salute to Tuskegee Airmen

Christina Lovio-George asked us to share this with you. Could you please share it with employees in your companies/organizations and pass it on to others you think might be interested.

On Friday June 22 at 11:30 a.m. the Detroit Riverfront Conservancy will officially launch the opening of the 2012 River Days and hold a special celebration to Salute the Tuskegee Airmen who played an integral role in World War II to protect our freedoms. These black fighter pilots known as the "Red Tails" were responsible for the safe passage of U.S. bomber crews in their missions. Fifteen Tuskegee airmen will arrive at the G.M. Plaza to be celebrated for their heroic service to this country. A special presentation will be held, presenting them with citations from the Mayor of the City of Detroit.

During the salute, a B-17 bomber from Willow Run Airport will make three fly-overs to celebrate these airmen.

We invite all of the downtown community to join in and make this celebration a long-overdue Detroit salute to our own heroes.

Thank you.

Marge

Marjorie Sorge

Executive Director

Detroit Regional News Hub

3434 Russell St. Loft 210

Detroit, MI 48207

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Salute to Veterans - Michigan Event June 2007 Walt's Daughter 5 4,674 06-30-2007, 10:54 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Soldiers' and Airmen's home 3_7_I_Recon 1 2,897 03-23-2007, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Hand Salute Cadetat6 0 75,975 07-15-2005, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Cadetat6