My brother-in-law's passing...

I haven't been around much for the past few months either and I sympatize with you M1. My poor sister had barely finished her radiation treatments (Breast Cancer) this Fall before becoming ill with Shingles, a very painful condition she is still suffering with for going on 2 months now. Her husband Don has Parkinson's disease so she already had her hands full taking care of him before she became ill herself. Our 84 year old Mother has been in a nursing home for the past year since her condition requires 24-7 care. We learned a week before Christmas that she now has stage 4 Kidney Disease. That leaves me as the healthiest remaining family member and I use a TENS UNIT to manage the Chronic Pain I've had in my back for over 12 years now. Despite all this we had one of the best Christmases I can remember in years because we are now closer to each other in spirit than we have ever been . The past year's troubles have made us realize how much we really do love each other as our mortality becomes so apparent to each of us. Some day I hope to learn from God the reasons why my life has unfolded in the way it has, but I'm not in a hurry for that debriefing.

Hugs,

Dogdaddy :huggybears:

Messages In This Thread
My brother-in-law's passing... - by Dogdaddy - 01-08-2012, 03:53 PM
My brother-in-law's passing... - by CaptO - 01-09-2012, 11:52 PM
My brother-in-law's passing... - by verow - 01-11-2012, 10:34 AM
My brother-in-law's passing... - by CaptO - 01-11-2012, 03:12 PM
My brother-in-law's passing... - by colinhotham - 01-12-2012, 06:30 AM
My brother-in-law's passing... - by chambers - 01-14-2012, 04:22 PM
My brother-in-law's passing... - by Frank Gubbels - 01-15-2012, 07:58 PM
My brother-in-law's passing... - by Dogdaddy - 01-19-2012, 03:28 PM