George Magellas - 82nd Airborne

Man, I hate when I send an email and it comes back permanent failure. Usually means one of two things; someone has changed their email addy or...

Though I haven't heard any specifics or confirmation, I fear the worst for James Magellas (Maggie) of the 82nd Airborn and for

George Goldstein, another WWII veteran, whom I met via my music site. He had written me on three different occasions.

I JUST WANT TO THANK YOU FOR THIS WONDERFUL MUSIC. AS A FORMER MEMBER OF THE ARMY DURING WWII I KNOW ALL OF THIS MUSIC AND LOVE IT.

==========

Hi:

I have been listening to your web site for a long time now. I am a veteran of wii who was part of the invasion at Omaha Beacfh and the battles at St. LO and the battle of the Bulge. I have been playing this music on the piano for a very long time especially for the GI's during the war and I really love your web sight. I call it my kind of music. The music of today does not compare. I have passed your web sight on to many people of my era and they all love it. I'm Beginning to see the light is one of my favorites also. I have a neighbor who I gave this web sight to and he playes the claronet. We have a great time listening to the music you have on the web sight and we try to play a duet with this music. We have a good time. Is there a way to have other songs that I like added to your web sight? I found your web sight by accident looking for the music of my era. I got lucky. Hoping to hear from you again soon.

Your Happy LIstener,

George Goldstein

========

Hi again:

I just loved your response. You really sounded like you are really interested in what I did.. I was a Staff Sgt. with the 747th Tank Battallion attached to the 29th Infantry Division. The 29th saw its share of combat. As you know, we were fighting a war that we had to defend our country and ourselves. We had a very good reason to go to war. I feel very bad about the war of today. I do not believe that our men and women should be there fighting a civil war where we do not belong. Hopefully they will be returning home soon.

Keep up the good work,

George

Maggie had also corresponded with me a few times. I met him via my pal Hugh Ames, whom I designed a WWII 504th PIR site. Hugh is now gone and it looks as though..

I have a signed book my Maggie and I had also sent him a signed copy of my documentary.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Farewell Donald Burgett - 101st Airborne Walt's Daughter 3 4,799 04-02-2017, 03:53 PM
Last Post: CaptO
  Farewell Chief David Beautiful Bald Eagle-82nd Airborne buk2112 2 4,776 07-29-2016, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Farewell William (Bill) Tingen - 101st Airborne Walt's Daughter 4 5,101 02-24-2015, 07:09 PM
  The passing of Howard Huebner - 82nd Airborne Div Walt's Daughter 1 3,076 11-19-2014, 03:13 PM
  Farewell to George Donaldson and David Pergrin Gerald Armstrong 3 5,404 03-18-2014, 04:36 PM
  > Farewell Ray Gonzales - 82nd Airborne Div Walt's Daughter 5 6,119 07-20-2009, 09:27 PM
  Rest in peace Hugh Ames - 504th PIR - 82nd Airborne Walt's Daughter 4 4,944 06-22-2009, 11:04 AM
  Farewell Melvin Frank Lett - 101st Airborne Walt's Daughter 2 4,119 05-01-2009, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Ronald
  Farewell Joe Crilley - Barney Armbruster - George Johnson Walt's Daughter 0 2,358 12-26-2008, 09:34 AM
  Farewell Robert M. Murphy - 82nd Airborne Div Walt's Daughter 0 5,335 10-06-2008, 12:27 AM