Estate Sale in tiny Ellensburg today

Like anyplace in the USA there are plenty of Summer yard sales in Ellensburg, but only an occasional Estate sale that I have the energy to wait in line for, and even fewer times when I find anything that interests me. This morning my luck FINALLY changed. I arrived 2 hours early for this one and found some great WWII related original items. It started badly for me as a short lady grabbed 3 of the 4 original WWII k rations boxes that I was reaching for. I said "let's split them " and she gave me one box.I wanted to smack her but she looked like she might be able to take me so I moved along, discretion being the better part of valor as they say...! :help::zelda: After putting my k-ration aside I rumbled through the house and made a B-line for the basement, where I found a veritable Holy Grail of TIME magazines from WWII...ALL IN NEAR MINT CONDITION!! As I was grabbing the best ones my earlier nemisis came around the corner. I growled at her, showing my teeth and she knew better than to try it again. I came away with about 25 issues of WWII TIME magazines which included covers of Hitler, Rommel, Rinehard Heydrich Musolini, President FDR and Patton..to name a few. I also grabbed a stack of wartime issues of The Ellensburg Daily Record, our daily paper for good measure! Feeling fully vindicated I hauled my box of treasures back up the steps and outside to pay for them before my AFB (Aching---Back)gave out. My total for everything I mentioned plus 2 original USN photos came to $24.00! :wave2: This never happens to me...ever, so I'm a happy :woof: today! Have a Great Day Everybody!

Great find

Great find, Jim. :pdt34: i just looked online and a Hiter issue of Time sold for $65. On the Time Magazine website they are selling just a reproduction cover " for framing" for $15.95, me thinks you definitely got your money`s worth.

Great find, Jim. :pdt34: i just looked online and a Hiter issue of Time sold for $65. On the Time Magazine website they are selling just a reproduction cover " for framing" for $15.95, me thinks you definitely got your money`s worth.

Hi Larry- I wish I would have had a partner to block for me:-). If I'd known the TIME magazines were selling so cheap I would've grabbed the entire 2-3 boxes of them. I'm posting some pictures to show you the condition they are in. Hitler made the cover of quite a few issues, but the one that usually goes for $100 or more is the 1939 issue where he was voted "Man of The Year" in 1939.

post-150-0-17192700-1308357097_thumb.jpg

post-150-0-59954500-1308357063_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG WWII TIME MAGAZINES_0003.jpg (Size: 910.58 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg   IMG WWII TIME MAGAZINES_0005.jpg (Size: 818.98 KB / Downloads: 0)

Wow a veritable fountain or riches!!! Jim, good for you. See, you didn't even need your dog, for your bared teeth worked like a charm! :woof: :woof: :pdt34::wave2: :wave2:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wow five birthdays today!!!1 Walt's Daughter 1 2,038 08-31-2011, 11:24 PM
Last Post: CaptO