Forums

Full Version: Estate Sale in tiny Ellensburg today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Like anyplace in the USA there are plenty of Summer yard sales in Ellensburg, but only an occasional Estate sale that I have the energy to wait in line for, and even fewer times when I find anything that interests me. This morning my luck FINALLY changed. I arrived 2 hours early for this one and found some great WWII related original items. It started badly for me as a short lady grabbed 3 of the 4 original WWII k rations boxes that I was reaching for. I said "let's split them " and she gave me one box.I wanted to smack her but she looked like she might be able to take me so I moved along, discretion being the better part of valor as they say...! :help::zelda: After putting my k-ration aside I rumbled through the house and made a B-line for the basement, where I found a veritable Holy Grail of TIME magazines from WWII...ALL IN NEAR MINT CONDITION!! As I was grabbing the best ones my earlier nemisis came around the corner. I growled at her, showing my teeth and she knew better than to try it again. I came away with about 25 issues of WWII TIME magazines which included covers of Hitler, Rommel, Rinehard Heydrich Musolini, President FDR and Patton..to name a few. I also grabbed a stack of wartime issues of The Ellensburg Daily Record, our daily paper for good measure! Feeling fully vindicated I hauled my box of treasures back up the steps and outside to pay for them before my AFB (Aching---Back)gave out. My total for everything I mentioned plus 2 original USN photos came to $24.00! :wave2: This never happens to me...ever, so I'm a happy :woof: today! Have a Great Day Everybody!

Great find

Great find, Jim. :pdt34: i just looked online and a Hiter issue of Time sold for $65. On the Time Magazine website they are selling just a reproduction cover " for framing" for $15.95, me thinks you definitely got your money`s worth.

Great find, Jim. :pdt34: i just looked online and a Hiter issue of Time sold for $65. On the Time Magazine website they are selling just a reproduction cover " for framing" for $15.95, me thinks you definitely got your money`s worth.

Hi Larry- I wish I would have had a partner to block for me:-). If I'd known the TIME magazines were selling so cheap I would've grabbed the entire 2-3 boxes of them. I'm posting some pictures to show you the condition they are in. Hitler made the cover of quite a few issues, but the one that usually goes for $100 or more is the 1939 issue where he was voted "Man of The Year" in 1939.

post-150-0-17192700-1308357097_thumb.jpg

post-150-0-59954500-1308357063_thumb.jpg

Wow a veritable fountain or riches!!! Jim, good for you. See, you didn't even need your dog, for your bared teeth worked like a charm! :woof: :woof: :pdt34::wave2: :wave2: