Battleground -The final newsletter

This was sent to me by Rocky -

===========================

Gentlemen of the Red Bulls;

I don't know if you were on Reggie Clark's mailing list or not. If so you may have received this, if not I know you will enjoy this last issue of BATTLEGROUND. This was sent to me by Dave Case, Reggie's son-in-law.

It was my honor and privilege to know Reggie Clark although we never met in person. Reggie would call me on the phone and send me letters and cards. He always was very positive and encouraged me to continue in my search for facts about my father's service. He was more than willing to share with me bits of unrecorded history of his personal involvement in WWII. He made me feel a little closer to the father I never knew.

Reggie passed away in May 2009. He is now bivouacking with his Army buddies in a far better place. Maybe he even looked up my dad for me ( I like to think that he would).

Reggie I salute you and will help to keep your name and your contribution to this great country alive.

In Their Memory

Larry Strother

Charles Town, West Virginia

son of

Pvt. Raymond S Strother

34th Infantry Division, 135th Infantry Regiment

Company M

The Red Bulls

KIA 24 May 1944 near Cisterna, Italy

Interred at Sicily/Rome American Cemetery

Nettuno, Italy

=========

Hi Larry,

I have consolidated newsletters Reggie Clark was working on into one final issue. I have attached the final issue of the Battleground Newsletter in a PDF format. Enjoy.

P.S.

I do have some older issues stored as PDFs if you would like see them.

Regards,

Dave Case

(Reggie’s son-in-law)

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

I just began to look over this great issue, but feel I must disagree with the article regarding the WWII Memorial in DC, omitting the battle of Cassino. What the writer fails to realize is this; the memorial DID NOT list battles from the war, but instead CAMPAIGNS. There is a big difference.

There were hundreds of individual battles in cities and towns, and Cassino was only one of many of these horrendous encounters. However, they were not remiss in their actions, for it was never their intent, nor was it possible to comprehensively cover each battle in the Atlantic and Pacific.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Veteran's Voice - Branson Newsletter Walt's Daughter 0 3,296 03-22-2014, 10:24 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  87th Infantry Division Newsletter - 12-1995 Walt's Daughter 1 4,531 01-12-2014, 09:07 PM
Last Post: CaptO
  New ex-USS Iowa History Newsletter Walt's Daughter 0 3,520 10-24-2011, 12:04 PM
  Korean War Project Newsletter May 30, 2011 Volume 13, 1 Walt's Daughter 0 3,804 06-02-2011, 11:48 AM
  Pete's second newsletter - very touching Walt's Daughter 2 5,631 05-01-2006, 10:10 AM