Looking for INFO 125th Combat Engineers of the 14th Armored Division

To help you and everyone else (hope this won't lead to confusion :armata_PDT_23: ), here is a list of records that would establish honorable discharge:

http://www.cem.va.gov/cem/hm/dischdocs.asp

In answer to your question regarding photos, go ahead and post them here if you wish. I realize that many times there is a overlap between introducing yourself and presenting our father's history, for instance in the engineering section. Since we have an ongoing topic here, feel free to continue on. :armata_PDT_01:

Oh, I think you will notice that I changed your header topic to, 125th Armored Engineer Bat, from, Can Anyone Help Me. It will make it easier for anyone searching on our site, including Google search bots. :pdt34:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

For a complete history on the 125th, I would call the Army Corps of Engineers Please see information regarding the Office of History in the Research Section of our forum. Ask for Michael Broadhead, head historian. This is a FREE service, so I would try this first.

If they have a folder on your dad's unit, it will show their path through the ETO and what units they were attached to during this entire period.

It would appear that they were only attached to the 14th for only a short period of time, so don't totally rely on their time table. As you saw, the 14th came into the war late, unlike your father's unit who were in the war from the beginning in Africa.

Let me see what else I can come up with in my library too. :pdt20:

Marion J Chard

Hi all

This information helps a lot I did not know what the bronze arrowhead denoted and now that you say that my father spoke a tiny bit about a beach landing but and forgive me I may be completely confused because I was very young I thought he had said something about normandy and paratroopers coming in with them. Thats the only thing I remember,again he could have been speaking of something he was not part of. I have a couple questions if anyone has an answer Is a report of seperation the same as discharge papers? When an honorable discharge says government conveniencewhat does that mean and finally I would love to post pictures is this the appropriate place to do that? Sorry for so many questions I am just very new to all of this

Kate

Kate:

According to this airborne PDF file I found, it shows the 125th Engineer Battalion. Notice it does not say Armored, but it would support your dad's story of being with and airborne division!

http://www.asomf.org/PDF/rollcall%20registration.pdf

==============

Here's another LATER reference to the 125th with the 14th:

http://www.armyhistory.org/armyhistorical....amp;exCompID=32

============

What we need to find are references to your dad's early service. Pieces will fall together once you get his discharge papers. :pdt34:

Marion J Chard

Sorry for going a little off-topic here, but here is a picture of a Sgt in the 14th Armored Division for you to see, Kate.

Sgt14AD.jpg

14th Armored Division.

Sergeant De Bel (?), A Company, 62nd Armored Infantry Battalion.

:26_6_7:

Erwin

As with the other 2 photos of the 4th Armored Division men, I own the original.

Kate,

My great uncle was in the 125th Armored Engineer Battalion as well. He was 1st Lt Richard Eddington. I received a small book from my grandmother called "History 125th Armored Engineer Battalion". If you have not ready it let me know. I can read through it again and see if I can find any information on your father.

Any and all info would be welcome.

The proud son of a WWII combat engineer wants to know as much info as possible. Our father was in the 125th Engineers of the 14th Armored Division and told us quite a lot about his wartime ordeals but I am sure there is more he did not tell us.

Thanks for any and all info DCM in Indianapolis, The Racing Capital of the World.

Ah, been there many times. Used to have season tickets to the Indy 500. Ah, the good ole' days.

I hope you saw my note from earlier today, for you can find some facts immediately here:

http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/eng...?showtopic=3940

Let us know if you have any other questions. Will be happy to assist.

:armata_PDT_01:

Marion J Chard

Thank you so much, Walts Daughter. This is info will be a great help to find more info on Dave's Father, 1tsr LT K A McClary of Bloomington IN.

I reside in Indy and have for 32 years.

Your father must be very proud of you for all you do here.

I am trying to find anyomne and everyone who might know more than we were told as kids about Dad's ETO tour of duty.

I am sure this site will help to find this.

Thanks for all you do and I am very sure your Father is proud of you as much as I hope ours are proud of us.

DCM

Indy

Nothing better in the world than the Month of May at 16th and Georgetown her in town.

Thnk you so very much.

Another proud kid of a WWII veteran, The Greatest Generatiohn by far.

So pleased I could help you out. Consider it a Christmas present from VI Corps Combat Engineers, to you and your family.

Nice to have you here and thank you for you very kind words.

Marion

Marion J Chard

I am also trying to find info on the patch in the lower left corner of this pic.

The one with the spider and the heavy armour.

Thanks

post-955-1261314900_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   Dads_military_uniform_pins_and_tags_on6609img211.jpg (Size: 13.06 KB / Downloads: 0)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Searching info about Earl G. Ford, Staff Sergeant 147th CE Alain147 0 2,673 02-03-2022, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Alain147
  147th Combat Engineers at Omaha Alain147 0 1,832 02-03-2022, 08:05 AM
Last Post: Alain147
  247th Combat Engineers Company A Rebecca 1 3,822 12-10-2019, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Info on 1017th Treadway Bridge Co Walt's Daughter 6 9,719 03-25-2019, 03:01 PM
  1346 Combat Engineers rjstasik 5 7,908 09-26-2018, 12:04 AM
  Info on the 1277th - John Priest Walt's Daughter 3 4,415 09-25-2018, 09:36 AM
  145th ECB photos and info 145ECB 2 3,863 07-11-2018, 09:17 PM
Last Post: 145ECB
  Harvey M. Schiller - 133rd Combat Engineers Walt's Daughter 8 12,721 06-19-2018, 03:39 PM
  Info on Richard Conn - 540th Combat Engineer Walt's Daughter 5 8,531 01-23-2018, 05:24 PM
  309th engineers, 84th Division Frank Gubbels 30 31,069 11-17-2017, 09:00 PM