Hello Everyone - Info on grandfather

My name is Dan Ryan and I live in Connecticut. I am doing research on my Grandfather Francis J Ryan. I was left a box of souvenirs with many photos of his wartime journey but don't really have a great idea of what he spent his time overseas doing. I have both the 370th Engineer BN as well as the 276th Engineer BN listed on the papers I was able to receive. Many of his papers were lost in the records department fire so I am piecing it together from the info I can find. Please help if you can. Attached is a photo of him, I have posted others on the site as well.

Thanks to all,

Dan

post-537-1214750730_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   Tech5FrancisRyan1945.jpg (Size: 165.74 KB / Downloads: 0)

My name is Dan Ryan and I live in Connecticut. I am doing research on my Grandfather Francis J Ryan. I was left a box of souvenirs with many photos of his wartime journey but don't really have a great idea of what he spent his time overseas doing. I have both the 370th Engineer BN as well as the 276th Engineer BN listed on the papers I was able to receive. Many of his papers were lost in the records department fire so I am piecing it together from the info I can find. Please help if you can. Attached is a photo of him, I have posted others on the site as well.

Thanks to all,

Dan

Hello Dan,

From Dept. of the Army Pamphlet 672-1 "Unit Citation and Campaign Participation Credit Register" the following info on your Grand father's units:

276th Engineer Combat Battalion was awarded Campaign Participation Credit for the Central Europe and Rhieland Campaigns, a Distiguished Unit citation and Gemany Occupation credit, 5/20/45 to 10/31/45.

370th Engineer Combat Battalion was awarded the same Campaign Credit and Germany Occupation Credit, 5/2/45 to 9/29/45.

Both these units likely came to the Continent via England. I can give you sources other the Nat. Personnel Records Center at St. Louis if you are interested.

Good searching.

Jim Davis, Member and Historian

1204th Engineer Fire Fighting Platoon

North Africa, Italy, Frasnce, Germany

World War II

Both these units likely came to the Continent via England. I can give you sources other the Nat. Personnel Records Center at St. Louis if you are interested.

Good searching.

Jim Davis, Member and Historian

1204th Engineer Fire Fighting Platoon

North Africa, Italy, Frasnce, Germany

World War II

I am very interested, thank you for answering my plea...every little piece on info I get helps me fill in the gaps I am missing.

Thanks Jim.

I am very interested, thank you for answering my plea...every little piece on info I get helps me fill in the gaps I am missing.

Thanks Jim.

Dan,

Please contact me at r11@maui.net. Will be glad to help where I can

Aloha,

Jim

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  info on 363rd and 369th Engineers Sgtleo 30 31,466 09-08-2014, 06:38 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  intro of me, my grandfather in the 257th CEB & PTSD smousc 3 4,701 11-25-2009, 06:31 PM
Last Post: civilwargal
  36th Combat Engineer info EvanLonergan 5 6,302 07-22-2008, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Researching My Daddy's Army Info Thurman 54 523,247 08-20-2006, 09:06 PM
Last Post: alkincer
  accurate info needed 1944-45, `50-53 minkoff 0 2,161 05-20-2006, 04:37 PM
Last Post: minkoff
  Looking for Info.!!!!!!!!!!! LOOKING FOR GI W,SCHRUM 3 6,949 08-19-2005, 12:55 AM
Last Post: jec4918