A Tommy Dorsey Weekend for Lee and I

I hope to see a review. I noticed on a poster they are coming to Glenrock, Wyoming!

So, are you thinking of maybe attending when they come your way?

When our "cable guy" came in the store yesterday, we were telling him how excited we were about the weekend. He exclaimed, "A big band in Michigan"? And then went on to state how much he loved that kind of music. Guess I'll have to inform him ahead of time the next time they're in town. So many people like this kind of music and wish they could hear it more in live venue!

Swing me daddy, eight to the bar...

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Marion

Eight to the bar,looks like you picked up on the-Jersey Bounce. Have a great time.

Jim H-87th-Inf.Div.

Fantastic concert; fantastic time! And guess what? It was Lee's first time seeing a BIG BAND! That's what made it all the better. He was so pleased and enjoyed himself immensely! He kept commenting on how talented the musicians were. He surprised himself too because he knew every song except for one. Most of the names eluded him, but once the first few notes were played...

I introduced myself to the band-leader after the show and told him about my Aunt Shirley singing with the band long ago. He actually played with Dorsey, so goes back a long way. Told him I would send him a copy of the photo when I located it. Really nice guy. Enjoyed our conversation.

The four of us had a wonderful weekend and the B&B was just superb. A lovely old brick Victorian with the greatest details inside and out. Wonderful hospitality too. Here's the weblink. It looked nice online, but it was lovlier in person, for sometimes photos just don't do enough justice.

http://inngarden.com/

We rarely get the chance to get away, so this was like a weekend in heaven. Lee and I were up early on Sunday, and went out about 7AM and toured the gardens. We sat outside at a little table on a bricked patio, and talked and laughed over coffee. When Mark and Anne came out, we wound up having our breakfast served to us outside. It was picture perfect. Great home-cooked food, served with a smile. Ain't nothing better. My brother-in-law told the owner; we WILL be back. :drinkin:

Marion J Chard

Just sent a thank you to Susan and John for their hospitality.

As she was cooking breakfast, she surprised us with some big-band tunes. What a nice touch, and greatly appreciated. See why we wanna go back? :drinkin:

Marion J Chard

It sounds wonderful!!! There is nothing like seeing a full band or orchestra live. I'm glad that you had a great time.

I'm dragging out my Big Band CDs this weekend for my Ration Cooking party. I've adopted a unit of Combat Engineers in Afghanistan to send some goodies to and instead of people bringing food or wine to share, Ive asked instead that they bring items for the box I;m sending.

Keepin' with the spirit babe. I admire that. Keep on keepin' on... :pdt34:
Marion J Chard