Information please on the 398th Engineers GS Regiment

I am placing the info I have. You may or may not already be familiar with this:

398th Engineer Regiment

Mr. Joe Ciampa

(806) 233-5276

This is all I have at the moment, but I will continue looking.

Have you tried contacting NARA in Maryland? They have different records that St Louis does not, such as after-action reports and all the reports from S-1 through S-4. That includes daily, weekly and monthly reports from the units. It is worth checking out. This is where I received over 2000 pages on my dad's unit. I cannot promise you that you will find as much, but you never know what you will stumble upon. So if you want extensive history, please look there.

I have all the contact information listed in the Research section of this forum. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best of luck to you,

M

Thank You Marion I had come across that phone number you mentioned and also had been to the NARA site but did not find much there. I appreciate all your efforts. Since the phone number is from Texas and a toll call I am trying to locate an address on Joe Ciampa but not able to get anything wihout having to pay for access. :armata_PDT_19:

I will not be detered however and hope someone here has some recollection of this unit and possible my dad.

Thanks again

Messages In This Thread
Information please on the 398th Engineers GS Regiment - by ww2vetson - 10-16-2007, 01:38 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Farewell Charles P. Murray, Jr. - 30th Infantry Regiment(M.O.H.) moose 1 3,235 09-17-2012, 10:20 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Farewell Russell E. Dunham - 30th Infantry Regiment(M.O.H.) moose 1 3,521 09-17-2012, 10:19 AM
  Farewell Van T. Barfoot - 157th Infantry Regiment(M.O.H.) moose 2 3,857 09-17-2012, 10:19 AM