Photos of our WWII Veteran Forum Members

Sarge: You spent too much time in a foxhole and forgot to "call us to attention". However I'm glad you reminded me of what " standing at attention was" as we forgot a lot of that stuff was and really needed a refresher course. which was neglected. Far as "riding the range", no way, we made use of the "friendly natives" for that and K.P.. Maybe I need to get glasses as I see no hands in pockets and we were not called to attention and no one there to call

" dress right, dress" (if I remember right) . Only times we carried weapons (outside of our concealed captured pistols ) was for a occasional two hour guard duty tour at the company Hdq. and standing Retreat. My main duty

was goiing out with 2 other ex hunters and bringing in some Raebuck and Heirsh (sp. ?) to give the mess Sgt. a

change of menue , which was nice .

Roque: Billet: A place with a roof, door, windows, place to sleep, indoor plumbing, heat, and normal conviences,

not to be confused with 2 shelter halfs or a tent.. Got to admit it took some getting used to. But we were told that this is how people should live when possible. Only time I lived in a tent after wars end in ETO was in Camp Lucky Strike in Le Harve, France for a week while waiting to board the ship home. Our Commanding Gen. "Iron Mike O'daniels" took care of us.

Messages In This Thread
Photos of our WWII Veteran Forum Members - by j3rdinf - 09-13-2007, 01:08 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  527 Light Pontoon Company, photos from Bud Pendergast Mark Pendergast 3 5,120 03-02-2019, 11:15 PM
Last Post: colinhotham
  More 36th Engineer photos - current Walt's Daughter 2 5,610 11-27-2012, 10:19 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Jim Davis - photos from the war Walt's Daughter 4 9,060 05-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Photos of our other veterans Walt's Daughter 4 8,655 01-17-2008, 03:56 PM
Last Post: 206thmpco