Photos of our WWII Veteran Forum Members

M1, no wonder we won the War :usa: ! These guys are BONKERS! :nuts:

If I were the Enemy, I'd have just run away :pdt40:

I love it!!! :heartpump:

You guys are GREAT -:clappin: CRAZY :wacko: , but GREAT!! :pdt34:

m2

Sarge: You spent too much time in a foxhole and forgot to "call us to attention". However I'm glad you reminded me of what " standing at attention was" as we forgot a lot of that stuff was and really needed a refresher course. which was neglected. Far as "riding the range", no way, we made use of the "friendly natives" for that and K.P.. Maybe I need to get glasses as I see no hands in pockets and we were not called to attention and no one there to call

" dress right, dress" (if I remember right) . Only times we carried weapons (outside of our concealed captured pistols ) was for a occasional two hour guard duty tour at the company Hdq. and standing Retreat. My main duty

was goiing out with 2 other ex hunters and bringing in some Raebuck and Heirsh (sp. ?) to give the mess Sgt. a

change of menue , which was nice .

Roque: Billet: A place with a roof, door, windows, place to sleep, indoor plumbing, heat, and normal conviences,

not to be confused with 2 shelter halfs or a tent.. Got to admit it took some getting used to. But we were told that this is how people should live when possible. Only time I lived in a tent after wars end in ETO was in Camp Lucky Strike in Le Harve, France for a week while waiting to board the ship home. Our Commanding Gen. "Iron Mike O'daniels" took care of us.

Joe, Sgtleo was refering to me after I came from around the haystack. He thinks it was

summertime. I had on two pairs of sox woolens, sweater I liberated, and a woolen knit cap.

Joe so that's what a billet is,huh--Joe didyou ever take a shower under a 55 gal drum (cold water) ?? Combat engineers rigged one up for us tarp for privacy. Those guys were good.

When the C.O. said --jump! they answered--HOW HIGH SIR !!

SGTLEO THE ONLY TIME WE FORMED WAS WHEN SOMEONE WAS GETTING A MEDAL AND I

CAN'T REMEMBER IF I EVER WORE A TIE IN ITALY!!!!!!! Roque

Sarge: You spent too much time in a foxhole and forgot to "call us to attention". However I'm glad you reminded me of what " standing at attention was" as we forgot a lot of that stuff was and really needed a refresher course. which was neglected. Far as "riding the range", no way, we made use of the "friendly natives" for that and K.P.. Maybe I need to get glasses as I see no hands in pockets and we were not called to attention and no one there to call " dress right, dress" (if I remember right) . Only times we carried weapons (outside of our concealed captured pistols ) was for a occasional two hour guard duty tour at the company Hdq. and standing Retreat. My main duty was goiing out with 2 other ex hunters and bringing in some Raebuck and Heirsh (sp. ?) to give the mess Sgt. a change of menu, which was nice .

Roque: Billet: A place with a roof, door, windows, place to sleep, indoor plumbing, heat, and normal conviences,not to be confused with 2 shelter halfs or a tent.. Got to admit it took some getting used to. But we were told that this is how people should live when possible. Only time I lived in a tent after wars end in ETO was in Camp Lucky Strike in Le Harve, France for a week while waiting to board the ship home. Our Commanding Gen. "Iron Mike O'daniels" took care of us.

J3rd :- LISTEN UP I WON"T SAY THIS AGAIN!! Verstanden!!

When you are ordered to "Fall In" that means AT ATTENTION so NO command is needed!!

God you are also getting forgetful as well as deaf. To these old eyes you right hand appears to be in your pocket - if it is take it out and assume the position. Also you should automatically execute a "Dress Right Dress" to check your interval when you "Fall In". Again, NO command is needed.

I feel for you with your week in a tent at Lucky Strike(Again Geez!!)

Short Story:-

Your reference to the weapons reminds me of the Nitwit Officer at the Arles Staging Area who thought it would be a good idea to sharpen our shooting skills while we waited to go to the PTO so he arranged for us to go to a Firing Range to practice. Even though our Bn Co. was killing himself laughing at this A-H**E he made him call the exercise off before one of the Range Command got killed. I knew he was in big trouble when a guy in my Co. asked the Range Officer(with a straight face) "How do I put this bullet in the weapon when they are packed in clips of 8 - it just takes forever!!.

Roque:-

You should have kept all those extra clothes on and you could have done your laundry at the same time.

Are you 2 sure you were on our side??

Sgtleo - now you've given me a headache so I'll have to go lie down somewhere

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thats what I like, rattle the sarge. Have a little piece and quiet Roque

:armata_PDT_23::armata_PDT_23:

"Thats what I like, rattle the sarge. Have a little piece and quiet"- Roque

Watch it there Amigo or you are next on the Hit List!!!!!!!!!

Sgtleo :machinegun::machinegun:

" J3rd :- LISTEN UP I WON"T SAY THIS AGAIN!! Verstanden!!

When you are ordered to "Fall In" that means AT ATTENTION so NO command is needed!!"

Sarge, you are a tough taskmaster. Relax a bit. Our war was over. Our misdeeds were covered up and all was well. Yeah, it was tough having to rough it for a week in a tent but being hardened we managed to make do with just a damned tent and cots for a week after lliving like civilians for a while. But we put up with the inconvience as we were heading home. But I sure did miss my semi private bedroom, soft bed, and down comforter I had become used to quickly. But, thats life for a Infantry dogface. Take the good and the bad in stride. Personaly, I will take

good whenever possible. Had enough of the bad to last me.

Roque: Yes, had many cold showers when the Quartermasters brought up portable showers, delousing station,

and clean clothes on rare occassions. I hope they burned our old clothes. They sure beat a "whores bath" in a steel pot . (helmet for some)..

Joe be nice.. You don't call it a whores bath, they call it a P T A bath. Yepshoredo--Roque

O.K. guys, listen up as the Sarge said. Maybe we are acting like riff raff and taking up too much computer space and time to sit back and listen, but it was good to just plain bitch and moan for a while and go back a few years

and compare notes in a fun fashion which I enjoyed. Maybe the others think it is time to cease this bit.

O.K. guys, listen up as the Sarge said. Maybe we are acting like riff raff and taking up too much computer space and time to sit back and listen, but it was good to just plain bitch and moan for a while and go back a few years and compare notes in a fun fashion which I enjoyed. Maybe the others think it is time to cease this bit.

Roger That - Joe -Over and Out

Sgtleo :drinkin::drinkin:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  527 Light Pontoon Company, photos from Bud Pendergast Mark Pendergast 3 5,106 03-02-2019, 11:15 PM
Last Post: colinhotham
  More 36th Engineer photos - current Walt's Daughter 2 5,608 11-27-2012, 10:19 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Jim Davis - photos from the war Walt's Daughter 4 9,052 05-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Photos of our other veterans Walt's Daughter 4 8,644 01-17-2008, 03:56 PM
Last Post: 206thmpco