Farewell AL Kincer 48th Combat Engineer

I would like to share the email I sent to the family this morning:

Dear Kincer family:

I wish to express my sincerest condolences. I have so much to say about my dear friend Al, so it's very difficult for me this morning to find all the right words...

Al and I became friends three years ago when I began my research into my father's WWII unit. Since that very first day, Al not only became a very close friend, but a mentor and father-like figure. He was an integral part of my life and helped me construct a precise history of the VI Corps Engineers. His story graces the pages of our website, and has become one of the more frequented memoirs.

I always looked forward to his almost daily emails, as they were filled with laughter, wisdom, personal insight, and of course a score of information regarding the 48th Combat Engineers and VI Corps. If I didn't hear from him for a few days, I would jot off a quick note to make sure all was okay. For me he was like a daily cup of coffee; hard to go without.

I regret that he will never be able to read the book I am writing on the engineers, for he was looking forward to seeing it in print. But please know that his many wonderful words will grace the pages, and "my boys" and he will always be remembered by subsequent generations. I plan on dedicating the book to my father, and to my dear friend, Al.

Al, thank you for your friendship, your generosity, and inspiration. Even though I attempted to tell you how how grateful I was to know you, you may never truly know what you meant to me. I shall miss you tremendously and not a day shall pass when I don't look at your photo and think how lucky I was to have you in my life. If you gave your family HALF the pleasure you have given me, then I can imagine how happy they were to have you in their lives.

When I awoke this morning I was feeling blue because you were not able to be here with us at the 48th Reunion. But as I grabbed my laptop and headed across my hotel room, something caught my eye. I glanced down on the dark green carpeting and there sat a lone little silver heart, the size of a pea. For some reason I felt comforted and as silly as it may seem to some, I took it as a sign that you were still with me this lovely summer day.

You shall forever remain in my heart. With love and admiration,

Marion :heartpump:

Marion Chard

Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek

540th Combat Engineer WWII

http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com

http://www.6thcorpsmusic.us

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Messages In This Thread
Farewell AL Kincer 48th Combat Engineer - by Walt's Daughter - 08-24-2007, 08:52 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Farewell Capt John Fallon 36th Engineer PDP2020 2 4,981 10-25-2021, 10:09 PM
Last Post: CaptO
  Last Man Standing, 61st Engineer Combat Battalion Wayne 10 16,259 01-03-2020, 01:19 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Farewell Tony Stefanelli - 36th Combat Engineer Walt's Daughter 4 7,290 08-09-2018, 10:47 AM
  Farewell to Vincent J. Consiglio - 291st Engineer Walt's Daughter 4 9,171 11-25-2017, 09:51 AM
  Farewell Bob Feland - 540th Combat Engineer Walt's Daughter 1 4,858 08-27-2017, 06:24 PM
  Farewell Kenneth Button - 2756 Combat Eng Bn Walt's Daughter 1 3,929 05-31-2017, 07:51 AM
  Rest in Peace - Ed Saraniero - 48th Combat Engineer Walt's Daughter 0 4,888 12-14-2016, 08:58 AM
  The passing of Carl Furtado - 36th Combat Engineer Walt's Daughter 16 16,385 12-08-2016, 05:34 PM
  Farewell Louis J. Slonina - 148th Engineer Walt's Daughter 1 5,169 05-27-2016, 06:54 PM
Last Post: buk2112
  Farewell Marty Marsh - 36th Engineer Walt's Daughter 4 6,239 02-29-2016, 09:28 PM