VETERAN'S DAY 2006

It's rather late in the day, but wanted to say Thank You for Your Service to Rocky,Joe,Reg, Fred,Chuck, and anybody else I missed (still don't quite know who's who ;) )

my apologies! You WWII guys are The Greatest in my book, and I wish my Dad was still here to say that too also!

Jim

Many thanks for not just your service to our country but for sharing your memories as well.

Hugs,

Brooke

When arriving home this evening from the local ceremony I did something that I realize the soldiers that we were honoring didn't always have the opportunity to do.

I changed out of my wet shoes and socks.

Brooke you Rock! :pdt34:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

I gotta tell you guys about the dream I had just before awakening this morning.

I was on a huge balcony and it was a bit chilly. My husband was there, my mom, and others I did not know. There was a large field below, like a football field. Activities were going on, and then all of a sudden from the left marched a bunch of WWII vets all dressed in their Ikes and such. They were carrying flags and standing so straight and tall. They looked magnificent and so proud. The band started playing and everyone was singing, My Country Tis of Thee. I shouted from the balcony, "Look, there they are" and pointed out on the field, and I began to sing too. I woke up singing.

That is how I started off my Veteran's Day at 6:00 AM

God bless you all!! :pdt20:

Marion J Chard

Gee Marion, you dream of fun things. The only things I manage to dream about are the typical going to work but I don't work there anymore, or going to school at age 30, trying to use the phone and I can't get the number right, having loose teeth, and there's the all time favorite of finding myself naked in a public place. <_<

Brooke

Oh geez Brooke, I could wrirte a book about my dreams. Some are the normal stuff such as going to school and not being able to find the classroom, or forgetting about a major test, etc. Some of my other dreams are very detailed, and bizarre. But that's another subject. :lol::lol:

Marion J Chard

It's rather late in the day, but wanted to say Thank You for Your Service to Rocky,Joe,Reg, Fred,Chuck,  and anybody else I missed (still don't quite know who's who ;) )

my apologies! You WWII guys are The Greatest in my book, and I wish my Dad was still here to say that too also!

Jim

Thank you Jim for not only remembering us but also for telling others about us. yes, we are getting fewer and fewer EVERY DAY. One thing I would like to mention is, I would like to see if people, every time they see a flag waving, think of a veteran and write his name on a sheet of paper and see how many names they can write. That's a challenge Y'ALL. This old dogface said it.

Rocky getting ready to speak to a group on Veteran's Day! Go Rocky!

post-11-1163702472_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   Rocky_11_06.jpg (Size: 68.53 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard

Rocky getting ready to speak to a group on Veteran's Day! Go Rocky!

Looks to me like he could still lick his weight in Germans! ;)

Jim :woof:

Rocky, you are such a handsome fellow. Could you give me any tips on keeping my young physique?

I wish they'd get someone like you or even better, the real YOU to speak at our annual Veteran's Day ceremony. The speakers this year were kinda dry. :unsure:

Brooke

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WWII Veteran, 99, on mission to visit all 50 states​​​​​​​ Walt's Daughter 0 2,312 04-27-2018, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Penzeys Spices call for "grilling vets" - gets response from WWII veteran Walt's Daughter 1 3,473 04-12-2016, 09:18 AM
Last Post: CaptO
  A post to America Airlines regarding WWII veteran Walt's Daughter 6 6,361 06-21-2015, 12:59 PM
  Twin Boys WWII Dream Comes True - Veteran from the Yorktown Walt's Daughter 0 2,313 04-05-2015, 11:05 AM
  Interview with Holly Rees, WWII veteran - Military Author Radio Walt's Daughter 0 2,390 11-09-2012, 10:12 PM
  99-Year Old Veteran Vists WWII Memorial Walt's Daughter 1 2,914 04-11-2011, 06:11 AM
Last Post: colinhotham
  Recognition Catches Up With Veteran 65 Years Later Walt's Daughter 0 2,154 09-30-2010, 07:30 AM
  The Story Of "Red" Canine Veteran Of Normandy Invasion arve 3 4,580 06-07-2008, 04:32 AM
Last Post: Dogdaddy
  photos from arromanches 2006 sixgun 5 5,130 09-13-2006, 06:28 PM
  Jack and John Europe 2006 Walt's Daughter 0 1,764 07-12-2006, 11:33 PM