Looking for 2 soldiers who were KIA

Hello friends.

A friend of me is looking for information about two soldiers. He is a member of the foundation which takes care about the adoption of the graves at the American Cemetery in Margraten. He tells me that it is a lot of work with research but he says: It is beautiful to do something for these men.

He adopted 2 graves but wasn't yet able to find any information about the soldiers.

I will put the information about them here andf I hope that somebody can provide me some information.

Pike Charles B.

Plot C Row 12 Grave 18

Rank 1e Lt.

Reg.nr. O 513244

Unit: 120 inf. 30 div.

Died: 24 03 1945

State: California

Hill Carl Mc Donald

Rank Tec 5

Reg.nr. 32651450

Unit: 25 Engr BN 6 Armd Div.

Died 15.04.1945

State: New York

Regards,

Frank

I already bump this topic because I am under the impression that there is perhaps someone who can provide me information about Carl McDonald Hill. He was an engineer in the 6 Armoured Division.

Frank

Don't give up hope. All it takes is someone typing in his name or 6th Armored Division in Google or a similar search engine. Then our forum will appear and viola! ;)

Many people have been put in contact right here on this site, by those very methods. Let's see what happens... B)

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Frank if you are interested, my buddy Richard Horrell, expressed interest in helping you. He runs a private research company that specialized in WWII Research.

Here's an excerpt from his letter to me regarding your research.

"...It would be my pleasure to try & assist the gentleman... If this is a long term project, he may wish to obtain the IDPF for each soldier. If that is the case, I would be willing to do that for him."

You can email him at:

WW2Connections@aol.com

Good luck, M :pdt34:

Marion J Chard

Wooow, that is good news Marion. Thank you very much. There is one problem. I don't understand the meaning of IDPF. Perhaps it is very easy but I really don't know it. I will contact him immediately.

Regards,

Frank

Richard will explain all to you. He is very good. Trust me, it's a learning experience for ALL of us. Two years ago, I knew very little about researching WWII history. Now I know all the slang and nomenclature. Whew!!!

Please share your findings with us. I know you will.

Your friend...

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  " My " 3 adopted soldiers colonel bert 6 8,695 09-08-2008, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Frank Gubbels