Forums

Full Version: Looking for 2 soldiers who were KIA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Frank Gubbels

Hello friends.

A friend of me is looking for information about two soldiers. He is a member of the foundation which takes care about the adoption of the graves at the American Cemetery in Margraten. He tells me that it is a lot of work with research but he says: It is beautiful to do something for these men.

He adopted 2 graves but wasn't yet able to find any information about the soldiers.

I will put the information about them here andf I hope that somebody can provide me some information.

Pike Charles B.

Plot C Row 12 Grave 18

Rank 1e Lt.

Reg.nr. O 513244

Unit: 120 inf. 30 div.

Died: 24 03 1945

State: California

Hill Carl Mc Donald

Rank Tec 5

Reg.nr. 32651450

Unit: 25 Engr BN 6 Armd Div.

Died 15.04.1945

State: New York

Regards,

Frank

I already bump this topic because I am under the impression that there is perhaps someone who can provide me information about Carl McDonald Hill. He was an engineer in the 6 Armoured Division.

Frank

Don't give up hope. All it takes is someone typing in his name or 6th Armored Division in Google or a similar search engine. Then our forum will appear and viola! ;)

Many people have been put in contact right here on this site, by those very methods. Let's see what happens... B)

Frank if you are interested, my buddy Richard Horrell, expressed interest in helping you. He runs a private research company that specialized in WWII Research.

Here's an excerpt from his letter to me regarding your research.

"...It would be my pleasure to try & assist the gentleman... If this is a long term project, he may wish to obtain the IDPF for each soldier. If that is the case, I would be willing to do that for him."

You can email him at:

WW2Connections@aol.com

Good luck, M :pdt34:

Wooow, that is good news Marion. Thank you very much. There is one problem. I don't understand the meaning of IDPF. Perhaps it is very easy but I really don't know it. I will contact him immediately.

Regards,

Frank

Richard will explain all to you. He is very good. Trust me, it's a learning experience for ALL of us. Two years ago, I knew very little about researching WWII history. Now I know all the slang and nomenclature. Whew!!!

Please share your findings with us. I know you will.

Your friend...