Good Foreign-language films, WWII

I discovered a couple of foreign made WWII flicks that I would like to recommend:

The Fallen- A story about 3 different squads (German,Italian,American) and how their lives intersect during the final days of the war.

Divided We Fall- Czeck people coping with nazi occupation and the suspicion and fears it creates.

Both have English subtitles and are well worth watching!

Jim

Jim ,

I watched The Fallen ! I really liked that film !

Here's one I recommend : La vita è bella Life is beautiful!

Italian movie by Roberto Begnini .

It's a film about a dad who tries to protect his son in a concentration camp !

That was released in US under the English title. As I recall, it was up for an Oscar a few years ago----for the actor or something.

Steve

It's a great movie .

Just released: "The Fall of Berlin" ( International Historic Films). Produced in 1949 for Stalin's 70th Birthday, and it shows. The director feared for his life, but turned out a lavish and self-serving slice of revisionist cinema for Uncle Joe B) . You are not left to wonder what Stalin's true feelings were about about the Western Allies...Churchill in particular. Stalin is projected as a kindly father-figure to his people, and the architect of the final victory, rather than the murdering despot he really was...who cost the Soviets dearly in 1941, when he was too parallyzed with fear to react to the German invasion. The part that really got my goat in this movie was when one of Stalin's aides runs into the room to announce "The Americans have refused to attack Berlin!" I will watch ANY movie about WWII once! :lol:

Jim

Egad. I think I'm gonna be sick...

"The Americans have refused to attack Berlin!"
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Egad. I think I'm gonna be sick...

"The Americans have refused to attack Berlin!"

I guess this movie requires two bags...one for popcorn and one for..... :wacko: There's plenty of comments that imply that we had some kind of a "deal" worked out with Hitler in this script, but you've got to take into account Stalin's SEVERE paranoia. Still, my ears were bright red with anger listening to that S***!

On a brighter note....I hope Ya'll are enjoying the 72-hour marathon WWII movie-fest this weekend..I sure am! :pdt34:

Jim

On a brighter note....I hope Ya'll are enjoying the 72-hour marathon WWII movie-fest this weekend..I sure am! :pdt34:

Jim

As always. Can't get enough...

Marion J Chard

Another foreign film that is worth seeing is Downfall a German made film about the last few days in Hitlers bunker as seen through the eyes of Hitlers secetary Traudi Junge. The film is in German with English subtitles.

I just added that one to my NetFlix line-up! B)

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Training and other archived films from WWII Walt's Daughter 0 2,432 07-03-2007, 10:19 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter