hello from Normandy
Hello everybody @ 6thcorpscombatengineers.com

Many thanks to Marion for letting me in Smile 

I am passionate in history and especially ww2 since i was a teenager. And of course D-Day and Normandy campaign.
I live near Caen, Normandy, France, close to hill-112 SW of Caen in a house which has been occupied by germans officers, a barn have been burnt here, i often find Mauser cartridges in my garden, and 2 weeks ago, i found a german bike rear licence plate while walking in the countryside with my dog.
War memory is everywhere... difficult to forget what took place here around, however remembrance is mandatory.

As my nickname may hint, I am currently researching information about the 147th engineers Bat. which took part of the D-Day, as member of the 6th ESB, 1th Army.
The 147th walked the sand in the first wave in front of Vierville and suffered heavy casualties. It then secured roads and took part in airport A-1 building along with USAAF engineers at Englesqueville-la-Percée between Omaha and La pointe du Hoc (http://www.6juin1944.com/assaut/9usaaf/9alg.php?page=a1). They stayed in the castle of Englesqueville where there still stands a memorial (i will post the pictures soon).

I would appreciated any help finding information of the 147th.
BR
Alain

Messages In This Thread
hello from Normandy - by Alain147 - 11-10-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: hello from Normandy - by CaptO - 11-14-2021, 11:08 PM
RE: hello from Normandy - by Alain147 - 01-04-2022, 07:38 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Son of Normandy vet angledozer 1 4,695 12-07-2005, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter