Hello From Alexandria, VA Interested in Engineer Aviation Firefighting Platoons

Hello All, My connection to the WWII community is my Great-Uncle Christopher J. Facchina was a Private in the 33rd Field Artillery Battalion, 1st Infantry Division (Big Red 1). He was captured at the battle of Kasserine Pass in Tunisia, and was imprisoned as a POW at Camp 59, in Serviliagno, Italy. He is mentioned in this website: http://camp59survivors.wordpress.com/

I am a retired firefighter from Fairfax County, VA. After my retirement I deployed to Iraq for a year and served as a civilian Fire Lieutenant on two US Army Installations. I have always had an interest in military history and have traveled to Normandy France, and Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. I am interested in conducting research about the Engineer Aviation Firefighting Platoons (EAFFP) deployed in England and the European Theater of Operations (ETO). Thank you for the opportunity to join this forum.

Dennis Donehoo

Messages In This Thread
Hello From Alexandria, VA Interested in Engineer Aviation Firefighting Platoons - by RetiredFXCOFF - 12-27-2013, 02:16 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  World War II's Army Eng Fire Fighting Platoons Jim Davis 28 29,997 01-04-2014, 10:15 AM
Last Post: RetiredFXCOFF