We Were One

As I continue to read We Were One I find myself irritated that the politicians impose restrictions on our fighting forces when they are engaged in combat. In the book the author tells the story of the Marines engaged in heavy combat in Fallujah, taking fire from everywhere. Yet they are restricted from taking out certain buildings.

Call me bitch, but it's total war or no war. Because the muj were holed up in certain structures the Marines couldn't liquidate the enemy by taking out the structure. If someone's trying to kill you there shouldn't be restrictions preventing the troops from defending themselves to the best of their abilities.The politicians [not the one's getting shot at] should let the soldiers [who are getting shot at] do what they have to do to protect their own lives as much as possible and win the wars.

They stopped Stormin Norman short in the first Gulf War, The Johnson Administration did this in The Nam and it happened in Korea and on and on. I wonder what the total in lives lost is because politicians want to play generals.

Messages In This Thread
We Were One - by janis337 - 01-17-2009, 01:01 AM
We Were One - by janis337 - 01-17-2009, 06:11 PM
We Were One - by Walt's Daughter - 01-17-2009, 06:40 PM
We Were One - by janis337 - 01-18-2009, 12:34 PM
We Were One - by janis337 - 01-19-2009, 08:59 PM
We Were One - by ND-Jim - 01-21-2009, 04:23 PM