Forums

Full Version: We Were One
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I'm reading this now. Tells about the USMC in Fallujah. Intense !

post-687-1232164811_thumb.jpg

As I continue to read We Were One I find myself irritated that the politicians impose restrictions on our fighting forces when they are engaged in combat. In the book the author tells the story of the Marines engaged in heavy combat in Fallujah, taking fire from everywhere. Yet they are restricted from taking out certain buildings.

Call me bitch, but it's total war or no war. Because the muj were holed up in certain structures the Marines couldn't liquidate the enemy by taking out the structure. If someone's trying to kill you there shouldn't be restrictions preventing the troops from defending themselves to the best of their abilities.The politicians [not the one's getting shot at] should let the soldiers [who are getting shot at] do what they have to do to protect their own lives as much as possible and win the wars.

They stopped Stormin Norman short in the first Gulf War, The Johnson Administration did this in The Nam and it happened in Korea and on and on. I wonder what the total in lives lost is because politicians want to play generals.

Well said Janis. That expresses my sentiments exactly. Can you imagine a senator being shot at, by all means possible, and sitting there and taking it. You know what the hell he'd be yelling, "Kill the bloody bastards!" Oh how easy it is to dictate policy sitting in a $400 chair and having people wait on you. Makes me sick!

Well said Janis. That expresses my sentiments exactly. Can you imagine a senator being shot at, by all means possible, and sitting there and taking it. You know what the hell he'd be yelling, "Kill the bloody bastards!" Oh how easy it is to dictate policy sitting in a $400 chair and having people wait on you. Makes me sick!

Ooo-Rah !

Having now completed the reading of We Were One, there's a line that stands out in my mind. The line was spoken by a senior officer at a post-trauma stress disorder [PTSD] class in Iraq in January 2005 and this is what the man said to his Marines, " If you were back in the States and normal Americans endured what you went through in Fallujah, they would be holding group therapy and all-night candle vigils."

Yep.

The author, Patrick K. O'Donnell calls the men and women fighting in Iraq and Afghanastan "America's next Greatest Generation." After reading what the men of the 3/1 went through in combat in Fallujah, I believe that I tend to agree with Mt. O'Donnell.

I've learned a thing or five about the Marine Corps and a great deal more on what it's like to fight in Iraq. This is one of the most enlightening books that I've ever read and I would highly recommend it to all who visit this site.

To the men who fight in Fallujah, and eslewhere "over there" the only thing that comes to mind to say to them is, Ooo-Rah !

I totally agree, had Hitler listened to

his Generals,ww2 Victory might have been in doubt. You fight a War to win it,Gen.

Geo. Patton advocated that theory. Gen Mc Arthur-Gen.Eisenhower were held

back.now we are paying the price with

American Blood. A German soldier once told me,the USA is too soft on it.s enemies.

Believe me our present politicians are

no different. Celebrities rule their minds.

No Guts No Glory-God Better Bless

The U.S.A. NOW. Americans have to stay

alert especially in this present time.

Love My Country-Not My Enemy

Jim Hennessey