Just reminded...

A few years ago I was blessed to be introduced to man named Ben Palmer, a 36th Infantryman. Upon our introduction we became steadfast friends and established a quick and wonderful relationship. Along the way we had many wonderful opportunities to talk and the chance to introduce each other to mutual friends and family.

As many of you have discovered through this site and other venues, we have been blessed to uncover not only knowledge, but have been lucky to establish long-lasting friendships. But as I discovered, a few amongst us are not eager to share in the wealth, and I was sadly reminded of the fact this evening...

When Ben and I first met, he was eager to put me in touch with "like-minded" individuals, and it was great meeting others who shared our love and interests. However I sadly found out that not all feel the same as WE.

Ben tried his best to put me in contact with another WWII daughter, and of course I was eager to exchange emails with her. She too has a WWII forum, so I contacted her and wrote about my father, my research, and my friendship with Ben. But to my dismay, she never replied. Ben would write from time to time and ask if we had made contact, but alas I could only say that I had tried on several occasions, but no response.

At first I put it off to rhyme and reason, and figured she was just as busy as I, but never once did she answer any of my inquiries. I even posted on her forum, but still - nothing!

Sadly, my dear friend passed away, and I took the time to write to her again. I thought our mutual friendship with Ben would melt away the distance, but alas my emails to her were left without response, as were my posts on her forum. Now I was left with only one feeling; she simply did not want to share her friendship with Ben, and considered me an outsider. I must admit I felt outraged, but after a while came to only one conclusion; she didn't really have her heart in the right place. If she truly loved Ben as she said she did, and others like him, then she would have shown that by reaching out to me.

While at first I was miffed and felt slighted by her dismissal, I later had time to reflect and came to the conclusion that her heart didn't truly reflect her wooden words. It's a sad state of affairs when your selfishness gets in the way, and after three years, that is the only conclusion I can draw. I guess you can't touch everyone... :(

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Messages In This Thread
Just reminded... - by Walt's Daughter - 12-27-2007, 09:38 PM
Just reminded... - by Jeeper704 - 12-28-2007, 08:30 AM
Just reminded... - by chambers - 12-28-2007, 09:16 AM
Just reminded... - by roque_riojas - 12-28-2007, 09:28 AM
Just reminded... - by Walt's Daughter - 12-28-2007, 10:33 AM
Just reminded... - by Walt's Daughter - 12-28-2007, 11:07 PM
Just reminded... - by moose - 12-29-2007, 08:08 AM