Marine Corps Museum

Let me tell you all - the Marine Corps museum is AWESOME! I went (finally) back in September when I had some business in Quantico. If you can make it you should make every effort. Even for the non-Marine it is awe-inspiring and makes one proud to be an American. It is a packed with artifacts and 1:1 dioramas that include actual landing craft, an ONTOS, and other war-gear. You can even climb inside an AmTrac.

Another great museum (for you army doggies!) is the Airborne & Special Operations Museum. It is near Fort Bragg and is very cool. Lots of great stuff in that too. These are probably the best museums respective to the two services.

Finally - here is a great Marine TV Spot. Once again, for those of you not associated with the Marines, you might even get goose bumps, too. This is the Ad that San Francisco rejected the Marines request to film in the city. Instead, they filmed out by the bay with the Golden Gate as a background. I think this is much better anyway. Besides being a gorgeous shot, there is no image of the city which has become so hostile to things not radically liberal. It's good that that still got the shot of the bridge, however, as it was the Golden Gate that welcomed back so many of this countries your warriors from their hell in the Pacific.

Cheers to all veterans who have come before!

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Messages In This Thread
Marine Corps Museum - by Walt's Daughter - 12-12-2006, 07:50 PM
Marine Corps Museum - by CaptO - 01-17-2008, 04:41 PM
Marine Corps Museum - by moose - 01-17-2008, 06:18 PM
Marine Corps Museum - by civilwargal - 01-17-2008, 08:44 PM
Marine Corps Museum - by Walt's Daughter - 01-17-2008, 10:36 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  March Air Field Museum CaptO 1 4,437 04-14-2010, 08:26 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter