Forums

Full Version: Info on 256th Engineer Battalion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

I have found the WWII history of the 256th Engineer Battalion. It is a 176 page document that I got from the Library of Congress. I would think that they may possibly have other Battalion documentation. Would be happy to share any info I have if any one is interested.

Hi Kenneth:

That's great. Is this something you can scan and share with everyone? That would be great if we could add this to our collection.

I received the documents and will post them here, within the next day or so. Thanks!

Okay, here we go. I actually cropped some of the pages before re-saving new file(s), for sake of appearance and to cut down on file size.

I'm a bit confused here though. Above it states, 256th, but in your email to me, you state he was with the 257th, so I added you to my 257th email list and sent a letter to the group introducing you. Please clarify for me.

256th Book - part one

256th Book - part two

256th Book - part three

256th Book - part four

Map

I still may have to re-size though, but here ya go!

Sorry, if I confused you. My father was with the 256th, Franklin Warner.

Okay I will make those changes in my contact list. I will simply alter your letter to reflect it.

Okay I forgive you! :pdt12: :pdt12:

:huggybears:

Hi Kenneth,

My father, Samuel F Duggan, was an officer in the 256th - C.O. of HQ &S . Your father's CO was John McRee up until the last couple months of the war. He died last year and his obituary can be found on line.

Regards,

Don Duggan

Hi Don: Thanks for posting the info to Kenneth. You can also send him a private message by clicking on his underlined username, any time you are logged in. That way you will make sure he knows you are here and have posted info for him specifically. Sometimes people don't check in for a while, or don't automatically have new post alerts.

Welcome and we look forward to chatting with you.

Thanks for the tip. I'm not sure I exactly know how to do this but will give it my best shot. Thanks, and have a nice day. Don Duggan

Pages: 1 2