information about the 36th Texas Div

Hello,

I'm Gerome and live in the Vosges Mountain. I research for my self information about the liberation of the area of Bruyeres (near Biffontaine - the lost bn) France.

I research too, information about the 141st field artillery during the period of october 1944, and informations about the 131st fied artillery - battery B.

Maybe someonce will can help me.

Thanks a lot to all. Gerome

Welcome Gerome. Our first member from the Vosges. Very happy to have your here. :drinkin:

We have a few guys from the 36th, so I'm sure they'd love to talk with you. I will also try to answer any of your questions, so let's hope we can help you.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Merci beaucoup !! Wonderfull site.

Vous re très bienvenu.

Marion J Chard

Gerome ,

Bienvenue au site de VI Combat Engineers .

Vous pouvez poser tous les questions ici et nous essayerons de vous aider .

Est ce qu'il y a des requests plus specifiques ? Je veux vous demander de specifier votre demande si possible .

Il y a plusieurs personnes sur le site qui peuvent aider .

A bientot

Lennon

OOOHHH, we are so international. We can speak several languages on this site. Love it, love it. Tres bien mon amis. :pdt34:

I'm glad we have you Lennon, so you can help with our French speaking friends. Too cool!

Marion J Chard

Dear Lennon and walt's Daughter and all

Merci beaucoup de votre acceuil, c'est tres sympathique.

I live at few milles where the lost battalion was (141st) and I research all documentations, for example mornings reports, AAR's about the villages of Fimenil and Beaumenil in the vosges moutains (in the begining of october 44) . It's localized near Bruyeres and Biffontaine.

I resarch too, an list of soldier kia of the 131st fied artillery on the end of october 1944, because I want to baptize an rock in the forest of Biffontaine, at the place where this soldier was killed. I have an correspondance with an veteran of the 141st - I - who was with the artillery man when he was killed. It was the 31 october 44, and were attacked by shell german. The artillery man was radio.battery B of the 131st field artillery. What I like to do, it's baptize the rock where it's happened, on the honor of the veteran (M Parks) of the 141st and the radioman.

Merci beaucoup, et si je peux vous aider à chercher des informations sur le secteur de Bruyeres, c'est avec grand plaisir.

Gerome

What a lovely thought. You are to be commended for your grand efforts. Can you place a photo of this area on our forum? Let us know.

Marion J Chard

Gerome ,

If you need more info about the 131st or the 141st and lost battallion I'm sure there are people here to help you .

Lenn

Hi Gerome,

Let us know exactly what you are researching. I do have a copy of "T-Patch to Victory". This book is a history of the 36th Division for the period when they were in France, Germany & Austria. Most of my books relate to the Italian Campaign. I can answer some questions about their time there.

Here is a link to the Texas Military History site and the 36th TEXAS Division.

36th Texas Division history

Clearing the Vosges Hills

Lost Battalion

MONTELIMAR SITUATION MAPS

It also has a Message Boards that is great reading.

DUI Pins of units in 36th Division

---------- DUI_131FA36Div.jpg----------------DUI_141IR_36ID.jpg

....................... 131 Field Arty ................................. 141 Infty Regiment

Steve

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trading Post - Blanket Texas - WWII Walt's Daughter 0 2,802 02-25-2007, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter