Leo A Koerperich - 540th CE

Received this letter yesterday and gave her more documents to look at this week. I am also going through some rosters from reunions etc. that are not uploaded yet and will look for her father's name.

----------

I was forwarded to your site by info@lonesentry.com

I have been looking for information on my dad and the group he was with. In his personal things, I have found a listing of the men in the group but find no Armbruster or Duncan as some of the information on this site suggests.

He was in the 2832 Engineer Combat Battallion, 540 Engineer Group. As Mrs. Armbruster states her husband does not like to talk about his war time, neither did my dad so all is pretty well lost. He did not keep much either. His records were destroyed in St Louis so that is a dead end, I actually have more than they.

I have looked at all your pictures trying to find my dad, no luck. Is there a way that anyone can find these guys since they are all getting up in years and many dying each year? I would appreciate any help you could be. His name was Leo A Koerperich from Kansas.

Hopefully someone out there knows that name.

Thanks

Marilyn

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"