WWII Music and Songs

The music site is great! I listened to it a little bit a day or so ago. I was thinking about all the hard work that has gone into this site, it's really great.

Jim, I can hardly wait. I love getting stuff in the mail that isn't a utility bill :pdt34:

What's Media Mail?

Brooke

What's Media Mail?

Brooke

Media Mail is just a discount rate the Postal service allows when you are mailing things like magazines, books, newspapers, or records,DVDS,tapes and etc.,...or "Media". I was not aware of it myself until I started selling on ebay. :rolleyes:

Jim

Jim,

Received the package today!!! Everything arrived in good order. Thanks a bunch!! :pdt34:

'Ol Victor only has one volume which is LOUD, so I'll play that record over the holiday and let you know what it is. If I can figure out the microphone on my mp3 player I'll try and record it and email it.........

Thanks again, you're so kewl!!!!!! :drinkin:

Hugs,

Brooke

Jim that was really nice of you. You made Brooke very happy. We really do have a great little family here. The generosity and spirit are not to be surpassed!

Enjoy the music Brooke. Just in time for the holidays. :wub:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Hey..my pleasure! :D Glad they arrived safely and happy that Brooke will be able to enjoy them on her new toy! If you enjoy old swing music from the 40's you might like to pick up a copy of Glenn Milller Orchestra's Christmas Songs on CD also...I love it! That music works really well for me, and never fails to put me in a good mood..

Happy Holidays!

Jim

Speaking of Glen, has anyone gone to the music site today? It's BRAND NEW. We now have our own little radio station with approximately 100 tunes. I added more Miller, some Sinatra, etc. Enjoy folks

http://www.6thcorpsmusic.us

B)

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Chambers: Sorry I am so long in getting back to you about the 78 rpm records. Checked out a few. They are single hole, about 1/4" diameter hole but about 11 1/2"

in diameter. Some are mono but some are sterio and all are L.P. records. Will these

do for your machine.??? All are back from the late 40's and 50's. Let me know. If O.K. will send some. Maybe someone wit h record knowledge can say if they will do the job for you, hopefully. Have about 30 of them.

Hey j3 no need to apologize. Actually chucktoo1926 and dogdaddy sent me a few records already. But if you would just like to get rid of them, I'd be glad to take 'em.

Sounds like they'll work, the ones I have are thick and heavy 78 rpm.

Hugs,

Brooke

I also have a Ukrainian friend who collects records along with being a history buff. For Christmas I am sending him some 78's of "Red Army Songs" made in the 1940's. He recently sent me a very cool Soviet discharge paper (with Stalin's image on it) and a real soldier's book from WWII. His own grandfather was an artillaryman in the Red Army during WWII who was captured and sent to Mauthausen. He was fortunate to survive the war. ;)

Jim

Over Christmas I was in a book/record store gift shopping for someone else when I discovered something just right ...for me! :lol: A 3 CD collection called "The Words and Music of World War II." It must have every song that was ever written between 1939-1945 on it, and that's just for starters. Also contains several speeches from folks like FDR , Neville Chaimberlin and a broadcast by Edward R. Murrow! Too many to name but the music alone is fantastic...Here's a sample: Der Fuhrer's Face, Your a Sap, Mr. Jap, Lili Marlene, Remember Pearl Harbor,We'll Meet Again (tear jerker), Stalin wasn't Stallen', Comin' in on a Wing and a Prayer...and on and on. This set starts and ends with an air raid siren to really give it that 1940's feel

Okay, I guess I've promoted it enough, except to mention that it only cost me $9.99 ;)

Jim :woof:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Email regarding old phonographs and WWII music... Walt's Daughter 0 3,269 05-15-2014, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  The Honeybee Trio - music of the 30's and 40's Walt's Daughter 2 6,485 12-09-2012, 10:49 AM
  OUR MUSIC PAGE Walt's Daughter 83 124,862 08-28-2012, 10:48 AM
  Wow, thanks for updated songlist - Music Jukebox Walt's Daughter 3 5,201 12-21-2011, 10:39 PM
Last Post: ND-Jim
  WWII sheet music info sites Walt's Daughter 0 3,089 05-17-2010, 08:12 AM
  Candyman Music Video Michael Callaghan 17 17,040 12-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Jeeper704
  CD008: WWII Music & Variety Show Part 1 Walt's Daughter 3 5,709 11-28-2007, 01:58 PM
  Music from Joe Walt's Daughter 7 10,135 12-24-2005, 12:04 AM
  Music - The Authentic History Center Walt's Daughter 0 4,771 12-22-2005, 05:26 PM
  Music Cadetat6 1 143,161 02-15-2005, 12:26 AM