REENACTMENT GROUP

Dont know if this is where this pic belongs, but. Came across this pic today on the web.

May have been by my French freind who has a French ww2 3rd Inf Div reenactment group. I am checking with him.

post-6-1126814060_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   FtFrere10thEng.M8XA.jpg (Size: 94 KB / Downloads: 0)

Oh you got it! This is the place. Love, love, love the reenactors photo. Please find out more info and let us know. :pdt34:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

E mailed " Mitchy from France" . Have a web site showing several of the Engineer pics

in the reenactments. Including the one I posted. (Somehow Mitchy got my E mail addy

from a site and had a lot of questions which I answered best as possible. Since then we have corresponded many times). Go slowly thru these pics on this site and you will see

quite a few Engineers in reenactment). http://www.warfoto.com/3rdsocietyphotos5.htm

Mitchy is right now in this country (for another week) but not near my area. Danm it.

Right now I have a perfect ww2 type helmet (probably from Korea or Nam but the same

thing) complete with liner and straps, plus 30 plus 6 pocket M-1 bandoleirs w/ cardboards for any reenacment group for postage only. Just might help someone out.

Just went to their site and the photos are very, very nice. Just love the fact that they did them in b&w because it makes it look like the real thing. If you didn't know any better, you'd swear they were authentic WWII shots. Nice job guys!

So what do you personally think of reenactors? I've heard both sides of the story. Most folks are simply just fine with it, but there's a few who think it's insane and that grown men shouldn't be playing dress up and running around in WWII uniforms.

To me I think it's great that they would take the time to do this and to honor our vets, but I am not a WWII vet, just a plain ol' civilian.

A few of my WWII buddies actually belong to a couple of the reenactors groups and they love it. I even got invited to join one of the Battle of the Bulge units in Pennsylvania. They told me they have some women that come along. I said it sounded like a blast. Don't know if I'll ever get to do it, but it sure sounds tempting. ;)

Marion J Chard

PS. I'd love to talk with Mitchy sometime. Think it's possible? Can you hook us up?

:)

Marion J Chard

Marion: Better waite about 2 weeks till he gets back home to France. Then contact him.

His E mail addy is; MichelMITCHY@aol.com And yes, you can use me as a reference if you think its needed. I heard from him two times in the past 10 days while is he is here in the U.S. He is a State Trooper over there in civilian life. One hell of a nice guy. Far as reenactment groups, I think they are doing a wonderfull job in their portrayal of many different wars. Not just ww 2. Naturally I do critisize in "fun", like

"damn it, spread out, dont bunch together, makes too good a target when you do".

Could not believe what those M-1 rifles cost them and have to be made non firing.

As the now generation would say "Awesome"

I wondered where Olvier Blanc-Brude had gone Now I know. We have done emails over the years.

Great work. I can not tell what is current OR WW2 in photos. The garb is noticeable most of the Med-vets had Combat boots by April 44 The ones who wore leggings were Replacements.

Reenactors: You can tell the age of the boys by the size of their toys, Enjoy it while you can.

Agreed. The photos are awesome. Showed them to my husband and he couldn't get over how good they were. Obviously the sepia-toning adds a very nice touch. :pdt34:

Now to get my hands on a WWII jeep. Oh boy wouldn't that be fun! :pdt12:

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jack Frank 1142nd Combat Engineer Group Frank Gubbels 4 5,875 05-27-2018, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Frank Gubbels
  1111th Engineer Combat Group Walt's Daughter 4 9,352 04-16-2018, 09:19 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  1053rd Engineer Port Construction and Repair Group j3rdinf 30 521,624 12-09-2017, 07:51 PM
Last Post: dusty
  1144th Combat Engineer Group Walt's Daughter 3 5,409 05-18-2015, 09:09 AM
  Garth E. Howard, TEC4 - 1051st Engineer Const Group Walt's Daughter 11 10,630 04-09-2014, 04:03 PM
  STRADE E PONTI DAL VOLTURNO A CASSINO – IL 1108TH ENG COMBAT GROUP Walt's Daughter 0 2,845 06-22-2013, 09:35 AM
  1053rd Port Construction and Repair Group Walt's Daughter 1 3,901 08-25-2007, 09:12 PM
  The 1108th Engineer Combat Group Walt's Daughter 2 4,230 10-30-2006, 01:12 PM