Camp Butner NC engineer units. Trying to research

Good morning,

It's been a while since I've posted but wanted to provide an update on the museum progress. We are certainly running strong and never seem to slow down!

The last weekend of April saw 20 volunteers from a local metal detecting club assist us with finding new artifacts for the museum. We spent the entire day in two locations and when we were done, 18 more dog tags were discovered. After researching the owners, I found the units for about half of them. Of those, 1 belonged to the 1019th Engineer Treadway Bridge Company, 1 was with the 31st Engineer Combat Bn, and 1 with the 281st Engineer Combat Bn. We already have 3 dog tags in the archives of soldiers from the 60th Engineer Cbt Bn (35th ID) and 1 from the 314th (89th ID).

I haven't found much for rosters since my post in December but I did just find the 31st Eng Cbt Bn. I am converting it from a pdf to a searchable excel document like I am doing with all our rosters. For each battalion sized roster converted, it takes at least 6 hours of work to correct any OCR errors. So if anyone has a battalion yearbook that has a roster in the back (and they were at Camp Butner) we would be very interested in quality scans of those pages and would be happy to share the completed excel file!

Mike

alltags.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   alltags.jpg (Size: 1.34 MB / Downloads: 0)

Messages In This Thread
Camp Butner NC engineer units. Trying to research - by ButnerMuseum - 06-02-2018, 08:56 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sole Common Camp, England-Which Engineers? warrenkw 20 27,966 01-15-2006, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter