Cape Cod Military Museum

Hello,

My name is John (Jack) Cherry. I am an unofficial Internet sleuth for the Cape Cod Military Museum, I am disabled and spend a lot of my time tracking down the Military History of Cape Cod. One of focal points is the Engineer Amphibious Command formed at Camp Edwards, on 15 June 1942. We are in search of accounts, photographs and memories of any and all of those that spent time on Cape Cod, as part of their Military service, in this or any other Commands here. In my short time here as a member, I have found a lot of material and am very thankful to M-1 for accepting me as a member and providing a great site to utilize in my search for information.

I am so happy that you have found my website helpful so far. That pleases me to no end. I have quite a bit of info on this time period and in fact, you will find more info online in my documentary No Bridge Too Far, part one, which refers to the the area on several occasions. www.nobridgetoofar.com

I will see what I have on my hard drive and/or in my library that hasn't made its way to the web.

All the best, M1

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Hello Marion.

I am most appreciative of anything that you may find to assist me in this endeavor! You have really done a Yeoman's work in bringing the History of the Engineers in WWII. Your Father's Service Hostry is very interesting, just as your story of how you explored your Fathers Service is..

Many Thanks,

Jack

Thank you again, Jack. I look forward to working with you. Have a good night. Getting ready for a late dinner and some relaxation. Till later...  ;)

Marion J Chard

Hello Marion,

I hope that this note finds you well. I am still in search for any photographs, literature or any connections to  Camp CANDOIT, in Cotuit, MA 1942-1945.  We are doing a presentation for the Historical Society of Cotuit. I am also interested in your video as well.

Thanks in advance,

Jack Cherry

Sorry about that. I have so many research projects going, that I lose track of myself.  :o  Let me go look right now! Smiles!

Marion J Chard

Okay, here we go... I will post more during the day as I come upon photos and files of interest....

These are from the collection of Wilbur Thomas Dickens, 540th Combat Engineer (my father's unit)

WilburDickens Color Photo001_000_000.jpg

WilburDickensCampEdwardsAugust1942001.jpg

WilburDickensCampEdwardsAugust1942002.jpg

WilburDickensCampEdwardsAugust1942003.jpg

WilburDickensCampEdwardsAugust1942004.jpg

WilburDickensCampEdwardsAugust1942005.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   WilburDickens Color Photo001_000_000.jpg (Size: 48.17 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg   WilburDickensCampEdwardsAugust1942001.jpg (Size: 35.46 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg   WilburDickensCampEdwardsAugust1942002.jpg (Size: 135.15 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg   WilburDickensCampEdwardsAugust1942003.jpg (Size: 119.41 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg   WilburDickensCampEdwardsAugust1942004.jpg (Size: 102.27 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg   WilburDickensCampEdwardsAugust1942005.jpg (Size: 205.8 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard

Here is the script from No Bridge Too Far - This is in regards to Wilbur Thomas Dickens as it relates to Camp Edwards

Wilbur Thomas Dickens – Chapter One - Slides 82-84.pdf

Attached Files
.pdf   Wilbur Thomas Dickens – Chapter One - Slides 82-84.pdf (Size: 83.92 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard

Here's an video clip derived from an interview with Clifford Duncan, also from the 540th. He speaks of Camp Edwards. 

Chapter_one_-_Slide_78_-_Cliff_Duncan_-_Camp_Edwards.wmv

Clifford Duncan 540th Combat Engineer Stills_1.jpg

Attached Files
.wmv   Chapter_one_-_Slide_78_-_Cliff_Duncan_-_Camp_Edwards.wmv (Size: 12.38 MB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg   Clifford Duncan 540th Combat Engineer Stills_1.jpg (Size: 36.92 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard

This is taken from documents provided by Rene Rousselle and Bill Vanderwall, both of the 540th. This is a script from the documentary, speaking of Camp Edwards.

Rene Rousselle and Bill Vander Wall – Chapter One - Slides 69-71.pdf

ReneRousselle.jpg

Attached Files
.pdf   Rene Rousselle and Bill Vander Wall – Chapter One - Slides 69-71.pdf (Size: 25.15 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg   ReneRousselle.jpg (Size: 5.65 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introduction - 210th Military Police Company WWII Krogh Feuerborn 1 3,250 05-15-2019, 12:24 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Francorchamps, Belgium, European Center of Military History kenwaltzer 4 5,064 07-31-2014, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter