Vandals in Europe

Gen. Patton statue at Ettlebruk, Lux, is vandalized with yellow paint.

C.E.B.A. calls it a cowardly act.

post-11-1122249274_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   pattonvandalized.JPG (Size: 183.58 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Another photo sent to me by James Hennessey.

Tank at Ettlebruk Park Lux, is vandalized with yellow paint, April 2005.

Luxembourgers call it "The Day of Infamy"...

post-11-1122249383_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   shermanvandalized.JPG (Size: 245.74 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard

Marion: I realize that for some reason we are not liked by some of the nazi occupied

countries. But this is not acceptable. Have continual E mails from one guy in France

that is in a 3r Inf Div reencatment group in France that keeps E mailing me for infor

all the time. So just maybe they all dont hate us for liberating them in WW 2.. He keeps me in touch with pics continually of his reinactment group.. So, maybe all is not

lost on them. Want some pics of their reinatment group????

Actually only the BAD NEWS gets front page. I have a lot of friends in Europe and most of them LOVE US. Yes, we have our hate mongers and idiots, but from what I hear, they are in the minority. You know, the squeaky wheel gets the oil? ;)

I would love to see some of the reenactors stuff. I have some featured on the site and some of it is just tremendous. I got invited out to the PA reenactment of the Bulge next year. Don't know if it's even possible for me to attend, but it sure would be fun.

Marion J Chard

I know I'm late on this thread but I just read it and as a Lux. I feel concerned about I think that this spraying isn't the act of Nazi's or want be Nazi's, the Patton statue and the Tank are about 500 meters away from the Railroad Station in Ettelbrück and since the Lux. Railroad company bought new Trains last year and want to keep them clean they guard them at night and now the sprayers needed something else to spray around in Ettelbrück and the Statue and aren't guarded at night so what easier to do it on a Memorial.

This Sprayers likes to hear about their doings in the Radio, I'm sure they meant nothing of Nazisme in it it was just hey let's spray something and meant nothing.

Here in Lux. the people who know what happened in WWII still admire the Allied and in special the USA for what they did, my Father born in 1940 has even today glance in his eyes when he speek about those Gi's giving him things he didn't knew in 1944 (Chewing gum etc..).

I can only say for myself and for a lot of poeple around me that we are thankfull and that we will not forget what the Allied did for us, just don't put us all in a bucket with those stupids magots.

Thank to our Liberators we are free HuuH.

Ps.Sorry for faults my english could be better!

Included a pic. from my neighboor from the left in a Winter Day.

post-11-1148772486_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_0829_r1.JPG (Size: 104.01 KB / Downloads: 0)

I have to agree with rennoq .

Those actions weren't organized by any Neo °°°° groups .

It was an individual act . Someone needed to be agressive because of local disputes ...

Someone has been at the wrong place at the wrong time ...

Thanks for your European input.

My husband and I were talking with his brother and some others a few days ago and Lee was telling Mark that he and I were planning on going to Europe someday. Lee told him that I wanted to see many of the places where my father was and also explained that I wanted to meet the many friends I had met in Europe including ALL OF YOU GUYS! I told Mark where I wanted to go and I told him that I have friends in Belgium, etc. He said, you don't want to go there. They don't like Americans. Hmmm I said, that's not the impression I've received from my buddies.

Mind you he toured Europe on foot back in the 70's.

So once again, I'd like your feedback. How welcome would I feel in the back towns of France, in Luxembourg, in Belgium, etc.?

Merci beaucoup mon amis. :woof:

Marion J Chard

Some dumb kids trying to stand up and "say something. Occasionally a cemetery or something gets vandalized around here, I don't think it's anything personal. Just some people get a kick out of destroying something that doesn't belong to them.

They need to be taught a little respect, is all. Maybe they didn't get spanked enough as children.

:direct::direct::direct:

Brooke

Yes Brooke. Spare the rod, spoil the child!! :fireyhair:

Marion J Chard

Thanks for your European input. 

My husband and I were talking with his brother and some others a few days ago and Lee was telling Mark that he and I were planning on going to Europe someday.  Lee told him that I wanted to see many of the places where my father was and also explained that I wanted to meet the many friends I had met in Europe including ALL OF YOU GUYS!  I told Mark where I wanted to go and I told him that I have friends in Belgium, etc.  He said, you don't want to go there.  They don't like Americans.  Hmmm I said, that's not the impression I've received from my buddies.

Mind you he toured Europe on foot back in the 70's. 

So once again, I'd like your feedback.  How welcome would I feel in the back towns of France, in Luxembourg, in Belgium, etc.?

Merci beaucoup mon amis.  :woof:

Hey Mare ,

You may tell Mark times have changed a lot !

Touring in the 70’s is a whole other story .

The people in Europe , Belgium , The Netherlands , France etc….are very kind and gentile and they love to welcome Americans.

The people in Europe are very helpful.

You may ask Don , Mr Bando or every other person that has crossed the pond .

Nowadays it’s even recommended to visit Europe !

BTW it’s : Merci beaucoup mes amis !

Lenn

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Normandy - The Airborne Invasion Of Fortress Europe sixgun 0 2,395 12-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Last Post: sixgun
  Jack and John Europe 2006 Walt's Daughter 0 1,764 07-12-2006, 11:33 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter