540th and related google search April 2016

Occasionally I will poke through the net and perform various searches to see what else is out there. Yesterday I did a "540th" search on Google and will list some of the sites I found.

Operation Dragoon order of battle

Scroll down to see Henry Grisell (36th) on her page

The 85th Engineers - Landing in France - I already have his link on my main site...

Veteran's Day '44 - What were WWII vets doing 70 years ago today? - One of the veterans listed was a member of the 540th

Arthur Giggee, who repaired motor vehicles, was with the 540th Engineer Combat Group, U.S. 7th Army as it advanced through the Rhone River Valley as a part of the southern invasion of France. In November, he was in the Alsace Lorraine area of France, although he had already been in North Africa, Sicily and Anzio.

Go2War2NL - Shows how the 540th was in support of the 82nd Airborne - Sept '43

United States Army War College in Carlisle PA - They have documents in their archives. I really need to go there. Maybe this fall when I am in PA. That would be worthwhile.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Morning Reports related to my father - 540th Engineer Walt's Daughter 4 9,623 01-05-2017, 08:49 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  great photos - many engineer related Walt's Daughter 5 6,041 05-19-2010, 03:45 PM
Last Post: roque_riojas