Stuart W. Mackiernan Sr - 133rd Engineer

Here's a wonderful letter:

Hello Marion,

Thank you for your email. I am Stuart Mackiernan Jr. oldest son of Stuart W. Mackiernan Sr. I came across your forum the other day as I was trying to find any information on the 133rd. I enjoyed reading your description of the 133rd and immediately called my dad and read it to him. He was very excited and interested and asked me to print it out for him which I did. My dad served with the 133rd from D day+1 through to the army of occupation. His rank at VE day was Tech5. I had heard over the years and seen photos of him in the various places you mentioned in your description so I know he was there. He did receive the Bronze star for his action in aiding comrades while under fire. He is 91 now and while not really able to get around with out a walker he certainly has an excellent memory and is able to have very educated conversations on a wide range of subjects from his past to current events. I am attaching a photo of my dad from his 90th birthday with my brother and sister.
Thank you!
Stu Mackiernan
A while later...
Marion,
Thanks. I spent the weekend before last with my dad. I read him the description of 133rd's action in WW2 and he started telling me which Company he was in Etc.
Stuart

post-2-0-93980100-1427904425_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   Stuart W. Mackiernan Sr 133rd Engineer.jpg (Size: 120.13 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Dear Stuart,

Great to see this note about your father's service in the 133rd. My father too, was a member of that same Engineer Battalion. At present I am engaged in a research project and have many details to share. I've also been interviewing surviving members over the years. We just lost Lt. Col. John C. Simcik who was captured at Lusigny.

Please let me know if your father would welcome a phone conversation or perhaps a visit ( depending on where you live of course! I live in Vermont.

With all the best regards and with utmost respect for what your father endured during that terrible time.

Eric Aho, son of Tech5 David A. Aho 133rd Armored Combat Engineers

Dear Eric: Since they are not members of the forum, I am sending you his email address via personal messaging. Let me know what transpires.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harvey M. Schiller - 133rd Combat Engineers Walt's Daughter 8 12,543 06-19-2018, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  133rd Naval Construction Bn Walt's Daughter 1 3,821 05-24-2012, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter