WW2 206th Militrary Police

I'm a new member looking for info on my dads combat history with the 206th Military Police Company. He did receive a Bronze Star with Oak Leaf Clusters. He was in North Africa, Sicily, Italy, France, Austria and Germany. He served from February 43 to the end and was discharged in November of 45. I have the Bronze Star but not the clusters or details to go along with it.

Hello!

What a shame that a wonderful member of the Forum, Larry Duzel, is not here to help you. He passed away just 6 months ago.

Larry's Dad was a MP and I know was in N. Africa. Larry's sign on name was Son of MP and he had a very intimidating picture.

Maybe somewhere in his posts there will be some useful information for you.

I hope you have some stories and maybe some photos from your Dad. What fascinating things he must have experienced and seen in some of those incredible places.

We will all be eager to find out what you learn - and how he earned the Bronze Star - that is such a big deal!

All the best,

Jean

Ah, ton of info, for we have a member whose father served with that unit. When you are logged in, please send a message to 206thmpco, that is her VI Corps forum username, and send her a private PM.

If you type in 206th in the SEARCH box at the top right of our forum. It will bring up a host of topics and you will see her user name included in many of those. You can peruse through all the topics and will find lots of interesting facts, etc. You can contact Mary Ann by clicking on her username, wherever you come upon it.

Hope that helps. All the best with your research. You've come to the right place.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Thanks for the info. Just sent a PM to 206thmpco.

tom

Fantastic. She's a great lady and lovely to talk to. Welcome and I hope you will find a nice "home" among us. :D

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"